Related Games / Indiana Funland:After the Storm

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    He doesn't even reply to any comments, its like he doesn't read them
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    I read them alright!
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    I'm not gonna lie, the best thing about this topic is the drama. It's like those VH1 love shows- the women are hideous but I love watching anyways.
  • nin%s's Photo
    To think I was amazed at how many comments you got in such a short time? My bad on that front.
    Stop screaming at people to give you them, show pictures of something other that a flat with nothing added to it except for a different floor type, and chill a bit; it's just a game.

Edited by nin, 11 January 2010 - 07:44 PM.

• fraroc%s's Photo

show pictures of something other that a flat with nothing added to it except for a different floor type, and chill a bit; it's just a game.

may i remind you that the park hasn't even been open yet? wait untill the peeps start rolling in....
  • nin%s's Photo
    Well then you're going to show us rides with peeps on them? Give us something that's exciting to look at. Add other details to the park such as archy, foliage, etc.
  • fraroc%s's Photo
    first things first. I am the use-what-youve-got type of guy when it comes to scenery, but you WILL see some Jcats steelworx. So when I release a download, get steelworx if you dont have it.

and I will take some good shots. But I need that atmosphere that cd5 has used for his parks. (Orleans Place Boarwalk, Hawaiian Escape and currently Charelston Gardens Amusement Park.)
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    It's not bad but I see a lot of influence from CD5's park. Finish up some more in the game before you show us - you're only in year 2. Work more with adding details to your buildings. Using custom scenery helps a ton as there are a lot of details you can use. Terraforming is another big part of RCT3. You can do some really realistic terraforming in this game, so use that to your advantage. Add lakes, waterfalls, mountains. The possibilities are virtually endless. Look at the other parks on the Atari forums, and real life parks. Don't just take all of your influence from CD5's parks, they will look too similar. Trust me, I've done stuff like it in the past...

Good luck.

Edited by RCTCA, 11 January 2010 - 08:06 PM.

• fraroc%s's Photo
    Ok!

Also you will learn to appreciate my park if you see the absolute GARBAGE fantasy parks that I have downloaded. They have coasters that would kill you in real life. Hence forth why i hate fantasies with a burning passion I ONLY download Realistic and Recreations.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Except that this isn't terribly realistic. Look at some of those realistic parks you downloaded for some inspiration for that.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    do you expect people hear to know what steelworks is?
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    Fraroc, these people are trying to give you advice. Instead of yelling at them and trying to prove them wrong, take some of their advice. Or at least say something like, "No, I don't really want to do that, but thanks for the suggestion." People will help you make this a better park, but you just have to listen.
  • ahank%s's Photo

I'm not gonna lie, the best thing about this topic is the drama. It's like those VH1 love shows- the women are hideous but I love watching anyways.

Win
  • fraroc%s's Photo

Hi, Avery Ross here! Its now 1975 and lets look at twoard the future! for example, Memorial day is opening day and now we can show the world what we have done.

also, a week ago we got a new ride, which is another fairground classic that this park needed
    Posted Image
    I love Ferris Wheels.

Posted Image
    Heres a shot of our skyline, its very tiny now but, as the park's story drifts onward it will change.
  • ahank%s's Photo
    I love the variety of scenery in that second screen.

Edited by ahank, 12 January 2010 - 04:17 PM.

• inVersed%s's Photo
    To be honest, everything you have shown looks like you whipped it togather in 15-20 minutes max. You really should spend time in planning everything you build to make sure it is purposeful and aesthetically pleasing. Along with time to plan, give yourself time to build. I know in LL and RCT2 (and I assume RCT3), the most illustrious parks are the ones where the parkmaker takes his/her time to really sit down and make sure everything is perfect. Parkmaking is a process of trial and error. Building something, agreeing that it doesn't work, starting over again until it is just right. Everything you build, whether its a piece of track, piece of foliage, a piece of architecture, or a piece of path, should be though about in regards to if it really works to make your park the best it can be (assuming your goal is to make a great park)
  • fraroc%s's Photo

To be honest, everything you have shown looks like you whipped it togather in 15-20 minutes max. You really should spend time in planning everything you build to make sure it is purposeful and aesthetically pleasing. Along with time to plan, give yourself time to build. I know in LL and RCT2 (and I assume RCT3), the most illustrious parks are the ones where the parkmaker takes his/her time to really sit down and make sure everything is perfect. Parkmaking is a process of trial and error. Building something, agreeing that it doesn't work, starting over again until it is just right. Everything you build, whether its a piece of track, piece of foliage, a piece of architecture, or a piece of path, should be though about in regards to if it really works to make your park the best it can be (assuming your goal is to make a great park)

I do plan ahead! I have been planning this for weeks! I even wrote my plans on paper in school!!
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Wow, I just realized that the colors for your woodie are the EXACT same as CD5's woodie...
  • ahank%s's Photo

I do plan ahead! I have been planning this for weeks! I even wrote my plans on paper in school!!

Really? It seems like you just stole CD5's plans for Charleston Gardens.
  • Austin55%s's Photo

Haha, good to know im not the only one that does that.

But You dont have to update everyday, wait untill you have some decent progress to show an update. Make them more quality and maybe that will help. Otherwise, not much to say. Really what you showed is nothing significant, a ferris wheel, some trees and a lifthill. Oh-and please change the colors of the woodie.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading