General Chat / Coolest City you have ever visited?

• Highball%s's Photo
    1) Atlanta. I've been visiting all my life and I've yet been to a city that can match it. All my sports teams are there and I like how it's built into the surrounding hills. Gives it a cool big-city-in-the-trees feel. If Disney/Universal wasn't in Florida, I would probably move here.

2) San Diego. Just an overall awesome city. The people were cool and the the Gas Lamp area reminded me of home. Way too many bums though. It's also close to Disneyland. :D
  • Angroc%s's Photo
    San Francisco and Amsterdam. Gotta say those two were awesome. I like my hometown Oslo too, but it's not a 'cool' place. : P
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I've already posted, but it's been a while.

My Favorites:
    1. Tokyo - Easily the coolest. Here's a bunch of words: DisneySea temples megalite food Japan awesome robots Ghibli trains Engrish sushi ramen Fuji vending machines
    2. San Diego - My hometown!
    3. Prague - Beautiful!
    4. New York - Pizza!
    5. London - Old Stuff!

Runners Up:
    Paris, Stockholm, Kyoto, Vilnius, Vienna, Rome, Krakow, Amsterdam, Boston
  • gir%s's Photo
    Time to update this I guess.

1) Auckland - clean, modern, cultural, and beautiful, only lacking proper public transit
    2) San Francisco
    3) DC
    4) Philly
    5) Seattle (I guess)

Hopefully in a few months I can add Taipei to this list.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

San Francisco and Amsterdam. Gotta say those two were awesome. I like my hometown Oslo too, but it's not a 'cool' place. : P

You're from Oslo? Guess where I am right now.

It's an alright city. Lacks a proper historic centre, but got atmospheric places nonetheless, plus some surprisingly bits of modern architecture. Watched the sunset from the Opera yesterday, and before that I visited the fort (as far as we could access that) and the boulevard-like bit on the other side of the fort. I really liked that somehow. Also, I love how you can take the metro to the hills and have a great hike from there. I was only a few kilometres out the city but it felt like the wilderness; really beautiful.

But most notable, Norway is fucking expensive. Like, REALLY expensive. Holy shit.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    Will you be going to Bergen as well? Cause I loved that city, when I was there a while ago. Oslo not so much.
    Yeah. Norway is incredibly expensive.

I shall have to add Stockholm to my list. Such a beautiful center (old town, but more even the modern bits and the atrocities from the 1950ies onwards - Sergels Torg and Hötorget are just amazing). But also not a cheap city, heh.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Fribourg! Studied there for half a year (the flag won't disappear for some reason), and also incredibly expensive, but definitely the best time of my life.
  • Jackoasta%s's Photo

^OK so I know I always brag around on Texas and Dallas/Fort Worth in particular, but in reality they aren't that great right? Certainly not to European or international standards.

I mean, I see nothing that a European would want to come to Dallas for unless you are very interested in the Dallas Cowboys or the JFK assassination.

Curious to know what interests you in Dallas so much?

I want to visit Dallas specifically because you see, I'm interested location wise with beauty of the area rather than being nosy at landmarks & looking at photos, I think that Dallas is a beautiful city when it comes to floristry and greenery. Also, I'm mainly interested in it's artistry and culture so I would love to go to North Dallas
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    I've recently been to Berlin, Leipzig and Dresden.
    I really loved Dresden. They're rebuilding nearly the whole old destroyed city center which is crazy, but I love the river banks, the silhouette and the whole friendly atmosphere of the city. Plus it is rather cheap.

"MFG"
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Will you be going to Bergen as well? Cause I loved that city, when I was there a while ago.

Maybe another time, right now I'm just visiting a friend in Oslo. I'll visit Norway another time, I'd love to see more nature stuff (North to South trip!) and indeed Bergen.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo

I want to visit Dallas specifically because you see, I'm interested location wise with beauty of the area rather than being nosy at landmarks & looking at photos, I think that Dallas is a beautiful city when it comes to floristry and greenery. Also, I'm mainly interested in it's artistry and culture so I would love to go to North Dallas

There is literally nothing in North Dallas. What you're looking for sounds like a suburb. But the only cool areas in the DFW Metroplex are Lakewood, the Bishop Arts District, Downtown/Deep Ellum, and Fort Worth.
  • scarywaffles%s's Photo

Vigan in Ilocos Sur Philippines is definitely in my list. It's really good in there and the ambience sure do many wonders!

Posted Image

• Twiggy%s's Photo
    It's not so much cool, but just beautifully nostalgic. My one true home, St. Petersburg, Florida.
    Posted Image
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    That place looks awesome scary waffles!

Interesting.

There is literally nothing in North Dallas. What you're looking for sounds like a suburb. But the only cool areas in the DFW Metroplex are Lakewood, the Bishop Arts District, Downtown/Deep Ellum, and Fort Worth.

The whole uptown/Greenwood/Oak Lawn/Victory area is pretty cool. Turtle Creek and Preston Hollow would classify as beautiful to me, I guess. It's just all kinda flat.
    Sundance Square, West 7th, the Stockyards, University Drive, and Magnolia Street are all pretty great as well. You might be even more interested in such areas if you are looking for "quiet", as FW is more laid back than Dallas.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo

The whole uptown/Greenwood/Oak Lawn/Victory area is pretty cool.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that area. The Katy Trail is pretty fun, along with all the cool little shops on the border of Highland Park and Oak Lawn.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    sydney- actually an incredible city, which you forget sometimes when you live here. But it definitely ranks up there as one of the best cities in the world- great climate, tourist stuff, beauty, and culture

hanoi- a really awesome city with a unique french flair to it. great food and absolutely beautiful. ho chi minh city has better food but its more hectic and not as serene.

sanibel island (florida) does it count as a city? no. but I spent so many childhood vacations here that it so heartwarmingly nostalgic to me. i love this place.

and then the classic new york city, paris, etc. :p
  • Super G%s's Photo
    Bankok definately... Las Vegas is a close second.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    I think Utrecht, the city where I live at the moment is pretty cool.

Posted Image
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    The Domtoren.

Nice picture though.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    St. Louis is definitely one of the most homey cities I've ever been to, not to mention the jazz scene. Plus, I pretty much love any city that's on the Mississippi River. I feel like St. Louis is too often overlooked, along with Kansas City, which is pretty similar.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading