Custom Scenery Exchange / Spacek's Custom Rides

• pashearer23%s's Photo

Will the DiskO coaster be released? Love your work!!! 

• spacek531%s's Photo
    The Disk'O ride will be released once it works in-game, no sooner.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I don't think you'll get it to work. But I'll be impressed if you do.

• RCThibo%s's Photo

Tmw I accidentally read Handcar as Handicap...

• tce_k%s's Photo

Your custom tracks have been taking off, those tractor rides are amazing. Look very good in my park, in a nice farm area.

I'm not sure if you ever take requests, but since you're very good at modeling - a horseback or horse and cart ride, or camel ride, or even an elephant ride would be awesome (like with your tractor rides when you put it on 'Haunted' or 'Crooked' house, to get rid of the track). A sled dog ride/race too, would be amazing.

There's an object file on the Time Twister expansion pack of an animated horse and cart, which you may find very useful if you do try and give it a go. If you haven't got the expansion pack, I've also attached the object to this post.

Thanks for all the effort you put into these. If you ever think about setting up a donation page, I'll chip in a bit for you (I'm sure others will, too) because it must take a lot of work to get these going.

Cheers.

Attached Files

• spacek531%s's Photo
    I have considered horses and other animals but there is currently no good way to do them. None of the animation types are right for it: animation type 1 animates at a decent speed but has steam. Animation type 3 animates at a decent speed but the horses have to be part of the peep sprite to be animated. Animation type 7 animates at hyperspeed. The other animation types are really specific (4D coaster) or I do not know about them.

Existing objects are pretty much useless for new ride creation - there is no way to create new sprites from old ones except by hand. The expansions also tend to make things rather over-sized, so using them as a reference is somewhat pointless.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

Type 3 doesn't seem like too much of a problem, depending on how it might get used.

Where are types 2, 4, 5, and 6?

• tce_k%s's Photo

Fair enough. Just threw out some suggestions. Didn't realize an already in-game object couldn't be used for a custom design.

• spacek531%s's Photo
    Type 6 is the observation car, which I attempted but failed to use as the animation for the Disk'O. I do not know what the other ones are - it is not obvious in the code what their purpose is so I cannot hone in directly to an example ride to know the animation speeds and sprite counts.

There is another I forgot to mention which is type 8, which is the monorail cycle animation - it has good properties but it will only animate if a rider is present - without one it is quite static which looks strange enough on the handcars let alone an animal.

Type 3 is the type used in rowboats; the boat is not animated but the riders are, which means the animal will not be colorable since the peep sprites get their color from the peeps themselves and not the ride.

The three types I do not know about, types 2, 4, and 5, appear not to use typical spite counts so I do not know how helpful they will be, much less what rides actually use these animation types.

OpenRCT2 could be modified to support additional types; the value is an 8-bit number so theoretically up to 245 more animation types can be implemented, but this can cause compatibility issues with Vanilla and Classic.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

Could you finagle type 3 to have the horse's legs be part of the peep model, but the body be the ride model, letting you at least have a colorable saddle?

• spacek531%s's Photo
    I do not know much about horse gaits but from what I have read I can imply the saddle does not stay in one place. It would also look really weird sitting in the station.
  • fumankame%s's Photo
    For RCT proposes, I think it would be ok to have the horse not move around much, especially in the station. See how still the horse is in this video: https://youtu.be/V7268QyT0GQ . About half way through, you can see the saddle doesn't move much either. I think it would be ok for Pony rides/ trail rides, unless someone was trying to do a show horse or a hunter/ jumper horse. Source: my mom loves horses way too much.

Btw, I love your rides. Thanks for doing this.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

animation type 1 animates at a decent speed but has steam.

Isn't it possible to turn the steam off? I thought there was a flag that had to be set to get the steam, but I can't remember.

• spacek531%s's Photo
    Looking in vehicle.c the steam is inside the VAR_11 switch which suggests they are inseperable. It *might* be in a conditional in the case but I don't recall so I doubt it.

EDIT: yes, there is no way to turn off the steam.
  • YoloSweggLord%s's Photo
    Hey SpaceK, is there any chance you could try your hand at B&M's stadium style hypercoaster cars in the future? I'd love to see them in the game.
  • Julow%s's Photo

Maurer Sohne's X Cars pls pls pls ♥

• ChummyCheese9%s's Photo

Could you make the Ferrari F430 coaster cars from the Fiorano GT Challenge at Ferrari world?

Attached Files

• Robear48%s's Photo

You should do the X-Car Coaster design. Here is an example for the Hollywood Rip Rid Rockit in Universal Orlando.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

xcars would be really cool tbh

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

I see there is a backlog of requests, just curious if any of the following would be possible:

[1] Creating dragon cars for the Junior Rollercoaster

[2] Can the Twist ride have the brown base removed?

Tags