AD Releases / Pagoda Paradise

• X250%s's Photo
    Hi, i recently finished a park called Pagoda Paradise. It only took me a week to make but somehow still won the Road Rally competition over at RCT2.com.

Here is a screen of the final product:

Posted Image

Watch out- its very colourful! :0

The download can either be got from http://rct2.com or from a more direct link here:
    PAGODA PARADISE DOWNLOAD

Comments, criticism and ratings more than welcome... :bandit:
  • djfanatic%s's Photo
    it looks good i think,you have some talent.my only complaint that isn't really asian(some things) and the road rally must be themed to an asian country.but afterall:you did a good job.
    edit:congrats btw
    fanatic :t2:
  • JKay%s's Photo
    You apparently work as fast as I do X250.....I love the colors here, but from what I can see in the screen, some stuff looks rushed, like the blocky land sections on the left....but wow, this is amazing considering the time frame in which you made it, congrats on the award....
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    EVERYBODY:

This park beat Phatage's entry, so obviously it is good, and this guy has some talent.

Very nice, I think that those colors, though not very traditional, and the amount of architecture you had compared to Phatage won it for you. I really enjoyed this park.
  • X250%s's Photo
    Thanks everyone for you support, i thought phatages entry was good too- i liked the coaster layout a lot and the theme was different.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Yeah, congrats X2 ;)
    You apparently have a lot of talent, beating Phatage!
    I liked both of the entries, but your entry was a bit more appealing to me (more themepark based, which I prefer)...
    I liked Phatage's also (that coaster rocks), so it must have been a hard choice for rwadams to judge these 2..
    Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

SF

edit; when giving the entries some more in-depth look, I liked Phatage's a bit more.. all the ideas in it are great (the archeologists, Guljam, the whole excavation thing, catacombs etc...).. it all makes sense...
    I can see you did this in a week, it's not that bad, because the first looks were good, but some buildings looked not so good (especially its shape)... so yeah..
  • Phatage%s's Photo

all the ideas in it are great (the archeologists, Guljam, the whole excavation thing, catacombs etc...).. it all makes sense...

Guljam also happened to get a job working on Fire Dragon also, my best employee.

It seems I've met my match, I'll try to see it as soon as I can. Congrats.
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    Looks really good X250. :) But I still think this adds to the evidence that rct2.com is biased towards the underdog.. I could be wrong, though. Congrats.

Edited by Jacko Shanty, 02 June 2004 - 05:34 PM.

• Leighx%s's Photo
    It looks quite nice from an outer veiw,
    the coaster layout doesnt look too bad. And your landscapeing needs alot of improveing but otherwise it looks nice.
    :et:
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Looks really good X250. :) But I still think this adds to the evidence that rct2.com is biased towards the underdog.. I could be wrong, though.  Congrats.

Maybe, but I don't think so. Phatage's entry was more original (I loved the supports). However X250's work was better in atmosphere and content. btw I've already seen some of the work of X250 and I can tell you he's very talented and is someone where you have to look out for in the future.
  • guljam%s's Photo

Watch out- its very colourful!

Yes..
    I like overview to small