AD Releases / RCT Station Results in.

• Nic%s's Photo
    I wouldn't advertise this usually, but me and Spiderman came 2nd, so I'd thought you'd like the chance to download the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places entries.

RCT Station Competition Winners
  • Toon%s's Photo
    you should've won in my opinion
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

you should've won in my opinion

No kidding. RCTS is biased towards RCT2.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Nic - I downloaded the park by you and spiderman, and i'm very impressed by those wooden duelers and the entrance! The timing was so good on them, and I like the buildings around the entrance.

I wasn't too keen on the steel twister duelers, mainly because they didn't duel much and kind of...sprawled. A solo steelie may have had a better effect.

Well Done!
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Taspia Glades had a really nice entrance, it reminded me of DDI because of the use of colours. A nice layout on the park but some places were a bit boring, like just trees. Overall a really nice park. I downloaded the others but I won't look because Rct2 isnt for me. Maybe once my new Dell is ordered something might pop up now and then.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

Taspia Glades had a really nice entrance, it reminded me of DDI because of the use of colours. A nice layout on the park but some places were a bit boring, like just trees. Overall a really nice park. I downloaded the others but I won't look because Rct2 isnt for me. Maybe once my new Dell is ordered something might pop up now and then.

Thanks for the comments about the entrance, DDI did kinda inspire me for the little entrance gate thingy.

Anyways, I was quite disappointed we didnt win, but I do agree some with Mantis, but I liked the steelies each individually too much, and not both of them together. Nic's woodies were very good, especially the actually "isle" part.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    One more thing - Spidy, you really need to acquaint yourself more with the landscaping tool ;) I noticed it in Altan Bay too - you tend to leave large strips of land just flat, or go mad on the jagged rocks. Rolling hills, or just small undulations, enhance any small treed area beyond anything flat.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

One more thing - Spidy, you really need to acquaint yourself more with the landscaping tool ;) I noticed it in Altan Bay too - you tend to leave large strips of land just flat, or go mad on the jagged rocks. Rolling hills, or just small undulations, enhance any small treed area beyond anything flat.

Action Zone has more of what you're talking about, I think.

But thats what I have been working on, too.
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Thanks for your kind comments. Now, if Iris would make it park of the week.....
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    Nic & Spidy....... Make up a nice word doc and send it to Kai for RCTM park #whatever's next. It'll be a good addition to the Masters collection.

As for the park itself, there is nothing wrong with 2nd place at all. To be honest, none of the duelers in any of the parks I got impressed me too much. The wooden coasters you guys made were good, but seemed almost too simple. But the great speed and timing were great. I did however found the steel coasters way too different to be really considered dueling or racing. The layouts were completely different but they just happened to go to the station at about the same time. These could have been a little bit better. But like I said, it's still a great park. Second place is better than no place at all. Hope to see you guys send it to Kai soon.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    everything ive ever downloaded from the station has always been an empty zip file... why is that?
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Blitz - try save target as, that might work.