General Chat / Global Warming

• marsh%s's Photo
    I was watching inconvenient truth the other day and theres the bit where it shows the sea level rising really high and flooding most of the world. Well i live near the sea, and don’t want to drown, so i got to thinking. Maybe if we lower the sea level a bit, when the water level rises then it won’t rise high enough to flood.

Anyway, heres the plan. Everyone who can should take a bucket of sea water and pour it down the sink. If lots of people put the effort in, we could lower the sea level substantially and create a better world for our children to live
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    Are you fucking serious marsh? You believe that bullshit?

Besides, if it is true:
    A) Humans are not the reason
    B) Humans can not stop it
  • marsh%s's Photo
    no, its a joke, read it
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Well obviously Kevin Enns doesn't exist and he can't begin to exist, I can't imagine god wasting his time creating him.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    haha that was actually not a bad joke marsh. too bad it went right over Kevin's head...
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    Funny, this juts seemed like the kind of place where someone would take global warming seriously, sorry for ruining your joke marsh.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    oh, we do, but we are poking fun at your childish perceptions of what global warming is. There's proof, I've seen it physically, friends working on projects in new york and greenland directly.

Yeah, it's not smoke and mirrors, it's serious and yer an idiot for thinking it is a conspiracy. Infact, yer the reason progress has been so slow. Right-wing nutjobs keep spreading rumors about the polar bear populations not dropping. You know what? Say you have a number of polar bears in the room. One of the walls retracts toward the center, now the room is 3/4ths what it used to be. If you look at only the 1/4 of the room that had the LEAST amount of polar bears before, and then after... of COURSE the population density went up. Then they just blew up the numbers, but that survey was shot. down. The sea ice disappearing will also affect Churchill in canada http://travel.latime...15may-2008may15 tourism because of the falling polar bear populations. In 10 years, if it's no longer a tourist destination for the polar bear crossings, we will know who is right.

But yeah, what marsh hit you with was "satire", and you fell for it so quickly, obediently, and easily, that it boggles the mind how you can consider yourself intelligent.

EDIT: Oh, and these guys certainly take it seriously when it's THEIR fucking town http://travel.latime...w-churchill2002 and they have to AIRLIFT some of the bears OUT of the town because of the reasons mentioned.
  • spartan%s's Photo
    nice try...
    Posted Image

Oh and anyone who does not believe in Global Warming is a retard. It's not a question of its existence. It's been going on for all of time. The controversy is whether the process is being affected by humans.
  • marsh%s's Photo
    ^ Damn, you got me 8@
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    plagiarizing is wrong, marsh.
  • marsh%s's Photo
    your moms wrong

(and i was gonna tell)
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    No I seriously think you can get in trouble for that.

Anyways, who gives a fuck about bears blitz? If someone cares so much, then they can save them, everyone shouldn't have to contribute to save some non-human animals, that's bullshit. Once a town drowns and at least one PERSON dies, then we start taking things seriously. A drowned bear, or even 1000 drowned bears, doesn't mean shit to me.
  • marsh%s's Photo

No I seriously think you can get in trouble for that

i know.... i have a problem of not thinking of concequinces berfore i do them.
    Like once i was on a skate bored(never been on one before) and decided "hey, it would be fun to grab onto a moving car to go fast" so i did, the car braked and i flew over the roof & broke my wrist.

Edited by marsh, 06 November 2008 - 06:40 PM.

• Blitz%s's Photo

No I seriously think you can get in trouble for that.

Anyways, who gives a fuck about bears blitz? If someone cares so much, then they can save them, everyone shouldn't have to contribute to save some non-human animals, that's bullshit. Once a town drowns and at least one PERSON dies, then we start taking things seriously. A drowned bear, or even 1000 drowned bears, doesn't mean shit to me.

the bears now wander into the town more than TWICE as frequently. Luckily, no one has been hurt, but they've had close calls.

That seems worrisome, and is really only the tip of the iceberg.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Nice cliche.
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    So, shoot the motherfuckers. If you live in a place so wild that bears still are about, surely those people, of all people, still carry guns, right? Or run them over with a big truck, honestly, it's a fucking bear, not a radiocativelly mutated gigantic evil bear from a fantasy media.

In other news,

Nice cliche.

• JJ%s's Photo
    Dude every animal is important, if you kill it off something fucked up happens to the foodchain. Plus they have more right to live as they are natural. Where as we aren't.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    ^ what you MEAN to say is that WE are encroaching on their habitat. But that's not even the issue, kevin just doesn't give a shit about the emergent behavior of things because that would require FORETHOUGHT.
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    No, I think humans/people/organisms with capacity to think/derive morals/act based on judgment/have a soul are infintitely more important than all others.
  • Roomie%s's Photo

So, shoot the motherfuckers. If you live in a place so wild that bears still are about, surely those people, of all people, still carry guns, right? Or run them over with a big truck, honestly, it's a fucking bear, not a radiocativelly mutated gigantic evil bear from a fantasy media.

I don't think you will care but Wow you are actually the single dumbest person I've ever had the misfortune to come across. That is quite an achievement.