RCT Discussion / WORD OF WARNING!

• Tech Artist%s's Photo
    One thing for your rct/rct 2 parks is always make backup copys of your park somewere on your computer. The reason i post this is because, my computer is running out of disk space which me and my dad am gonna fix, and i tried this scenery import thing i do to get more scenery(not the DImport utility) and tried saving my game and it said "Game Save Failed" every time i saved it, and i thought i was gonna lose 3 months of work on my park called Mystic Horizons and if i did i would have "killed" my game. But my dad said to shut the computer down and let it sit for 3 to 5 min. and i turned it back on and tryed loading my saved scenerio of my park and saving it as a saved game and then tryed loading it and it worked and all i haved to do now is put the rides, food, and info stands back in, which is not hard. So i say this to tell you to make a backup copy(s) of your park. don't let somthing like this happen to you to were you lose months of work. THIS WAS A WARNING! :|
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Wow. That was pointless.
    Its all common know-how, who ever doesn't save park regularly is retarded. But do you need to? The most you can lose is one days worth of work, so it isn't much, not three months.

Oh, and your Dad is retarded tell him that, it doesn't matter how long a computer is off, it still does the same thing. One second as opposed to three minuets is the same thing for it, it isn't a human. Only my two cents.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    listen i had that scenerio saved when that happend and i opened and saved it and now it works and you are retarded my dad knows more about computers than you'll ever know.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

listen i had that scenerio saved when that happend and i opened and saved it and now it works and you are retarded my dad knows more about computers than you'll ever know.

Assuming things makes a ass out of you and me.

Figure it out.

Fool.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    This is the dumbest topic I have ever seen... Honestly.. Who dose not save regularly?

Oh And I agree that your dad is a retard. Like Glitch said.. COMPUTERS DON'T TAKE NAPS.
  • John%s's Photo
    Rctfan1556 makes Marshy look like he's actually worth something. ;)
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo

COMPUTERS DON'T TAKE NAPS.

Mine does, but it snores.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    whatever don't belive me! if any body wants to delete this topic go ahead since no one belives me.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Failure is such a sad thing.

Seems like you lose yet again.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    ... wait a minute...
    does rctfan actually think that it matters how long a computer is off?
    wow... that's like pure ignorance.

In anycase yes, if you come to this community and take part in it, its pretty much assumed you are savvy enough to know how it all works...
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    look i don't think it matters how long my computer is off ok for this to happen i am just saying to make backup copys of your park somewere else besides the rct 2 file.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Thank You for the advice, it's good to know you care, but it's kinda common knowledge.

Yah,
    Hevydevy B)
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

look i don't think it matters how long my computer is off ok for this to happen i am just saying to make backup copys of your park  somewere else besides the rct 2 file.

What the fuck else would you back it up with?

Make your self clear son. 8@
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    go to another file on your computer and save the copy there or save a copy to a floppy disk or if you have another computer save it there. Oh and your welcome HevyDevy! ;) thanx for the reply. When this happened to me i was scared and mad because i thought i would lose 3 months worth of work(yes it has been 3 months since i started this park :0 not a day like glitchwolf said :rolleyes: ) but everything worked out, i got my park back to were it should be + new scenery :D
    :D .
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Is as stupid as he looks. But do we really need to know? I see where you're coming from but this to me is ignorant. Really.

Enough of this spam shit, Ill be quite now.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    ^just to let you know that isn't my sig anymore nor will it be my avatar soon. nice try on using that! as you would say "game over, insert a coin and try again."
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    We know you changed it because he showed it in it's pure unadulturated form. And your new one is almost as shitty.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    ya look again it is the rct 2 box! 2nd i don't know how to make sig's and avatars like you or SFK or glitchwolf does. i would like to know how without spending any money.
  • Hyperion%s's Photo

ya look again it is the rct 2 box!

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... :|'''' ... DUR! I think its time for you to stop typing... back away from your keyboard for 5 minutes... let it take a nap
  • Prince%s's Photo
    LMAO, that was good Hyperion...that was good...

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@