RCT Discussion / The Overrated RCT players/parkmakers.

• Geoff%s's Photo
    UPDATE: SINCE NO ONE HAS WANTS TO BURN THEMSELF BY DISSING A RCT PLAYER/PARKMAKER, I HAVE MADE A USERNAME THAT EVERYONE CAN USE, TO POST THEIR OVERRATED RCT PLAYER/PARKMAKER. THIS IS SO THAT NO ONE KNOWS WHO IS POSTING. THIS OF COURSE IS OPTIONAL.

Username: overratedrct
    Password: rollercoaster

Whoever is going to change the password is a complete asshole. People, use this username to post who you think is overrated... then logout.

Thanks.

We're all family right? We let comments slide, and we certainly don't take criticim directed towards our rct work personal... right?

So, let's bring it. I will start by saying that I am overrated... I don't even know if I'm rated at all....

ALSO:

Rule #1 cannot say that you are overrated, because I already did that to myself.

Rule #2 With whomever you say is overrated, you have to give a pro (positive comment) about his/her work.

Edited by Geoff, 03 May 2006 - 05:08 PM.

• overratedrct%s's Photo
    Phatage.
    I think that his parks don't flow incredibly well and his architecture isn't too good, either.

But he does have great hacks and good coaster layouts.
  • overratedrct%s's Photo
    Iceman, definately. He can build big stuff...but restricting himself to Disney and not evolving style-wise really hurts him. Plus I always thought his work wasn't that good.

What makes it worse it that EVERYONE goes ga-ga over ANYTHING he makes. It's like they're hypnotized.
  • overratedrct%s's Photo
    Metalface

His coasters are pretty good.
    But that architecture and the monotonous brown buildings don't do much for his lack of motivation.
  • overratedrct%s's Photo
    Haha this is pretty cool.

I think Ride6 is overrated but his PT2 entry was a nice change from his normal boring stuff.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Ah, you guys are all chicken shits for hiding behind a fake screen name.

I don't so much believe in over-rated or under-rated anyways. But for me a parkmaker who gets lots of acclaim who I've never really enjoyed the work of would also be Iceman, tho this latest project may change that.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    You're all already behind a computer where nobody can hurt you, and hopefully your closest friends are not the ones you make on these boards, so just use your own, already fabricated alias instead of hiding behind some stupid name. If we're all apart of this one big family, we shouldn't be afraid to know who thinks we are overrated.

Anyway mine would be people like nfg, nemesischris, turtle, x250, and jkay, for pretty much the lack of recent variation of their work. This of course says nothing of what I think of their work other than it is below what I gather other people think of it, so please my brothers do not take offense.
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    I'm gunna jump on the bandwagon and say iceman as well.

it looks great but out of proportion in my eyes.
  • Regulatin%s's Photo
    Ok, I'll say that pretty much every Parkmaker here is.

Phatage, Toon, Corkscrewed, etc.

Example; When Corkscrewed announced some 'Cliffia' shit. Everyone was like "omg!11 teh cockscrewed r te bwest
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    ^ That's a little over the top... don't you think? But, you are entitled to your own opinion.

I'm going to say Kumba. Great ideas, but I'm not crazy about his executions. Maybe it's his new morbid/grotesque park that's making me dislike his recent work. Love ya' brotha'.

Edited by Geoff, 03 May 2006 - 05:11 PM.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Wow, 9 posts till someone got to me :D

And it's a theme, not a whole park.

Not sure who id put as overated tho, maybe X-Sector due to how much he seemed to copy in H2H3 and maybe artist coz I still don't see him setting himself apart from other styles to much, tho he does mix them nicely.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I would've said you Kumba, but I've told you enough in person :p
  • JKay%s's Photo
    This all really depends on what you consider overrated, and really, the definition of that is too subjective to be taken seriously. For instance, I think Iceman is quite the opposite of overrated and extremely underrated.

With that being said, I'll refrain from identifying anyone specific, but I will say there are certain parkmakers who I think get way more praise than their track record actually warrants.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Phatage is a fucking god you retards.
    I'd say most of the stupid fucking rct2 shit is just hanging on sacf's coattails. But then he's a fucking homophobic wanker too.
    Which results in EVERYONE being a fucking cunt.
    Just the way the world is i suppose.
    Git for the win.
    Cliche bastards.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    i used to think phatage was overrated. then i looked at fire dragon agian.

and i still think x250 gets more hype then he should, but it's starting to even out. :kiss:

edit: steve, too, a little. if he could finish a full park, it wouldn't be true, though. but until then, he's still on the list.

Edited by tracidEdge, 03 May 2006 - 07:02 PM.

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Example; When Corkscrewed announced some 'Cliffia' shit. Everyone was like "omg!11 teh cockscrewed r te bwest

View Post

YOU'RE overrated!! :'(

I never actually announced that, really, except for in one Fiesta post, and people weren't freaking out like that. :p

Anyway, Phatage is overrated... in LL. Personally speaking, I still don't like Fire Dragon. :lol:

Lets see... I can't think of anyone else at the moment. :lol:
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Well Fire Dragon > you.
  • Regulatin%s's Photo
    Heh, I still remember everyone. "What is Cliffia?" :lol:
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    yeah corky, how is that cliffia coming along ;)

great to see you back mantis
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    He's drunk. Or has been so for the past 36 hours or so... that's gotta be a record! :lol:

Cliffia's coming.

Slowly.