RCT Discussion / The Overrated RCT players/parkmakers.

• Julow%s's Photo
    ^^ True
  • GammaZero%s's Photo

I'm underrated

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Nin is overrated
  • Scoop%s's Photo

Gamma you can't be underrated or overrated if you don't build. :p

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Lagom + Fisch

I feel like none of Lagom's individual park aspects beyond possibly atmosphere are at spotlight-level. His architecture beyond for a few flashy setpieces isn't all that great, and his layouts aren't anything to write home about either, but the biggest thing that both Lagom and Fisch do that makes them look a lot better than what they are is essentially making full-size h2h parks. People on NE masturbate to little details too much and inflate a parks virtuosity or rating based off of that. It relies less on pure parkmaking skill (that Pacificoaster or Nin or Robbie92 show) and more on little setpiece gimmicks to patch up the holes and lets discerning viewers overlook flaws.

I don't think either Grona Lund or Riverland should have got over an 85, and while I still think they're both spotlight-worthy, they both have gaping-hole sized flaws and shortcomings in the parkmaking that went behind them. 

What makes the recreational skill that Pac or Nin or Robbie92 show "better" or "more virtuous" than detail-laden works by Lagom and Fisch? What makes architecture and layouts more important than atmosphere, fun, or details?
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

^oath

• Scoop%s's Photo

architecture and layouts are the base and then you add atmosphere, fun, and details. That's why.

• G Force%s's Photo

If you remove nin (and maybe even Pac) from that, I think "visual depth" is the big thing.  Look at Tubio compared to Grona or Riverland, the depth and edge of the style just adds so much more to the accuracy and realism.  Thats really the difference for me.  Using colorful and pleasing textures for everything is great, and makes it perhaps more appealing in a strictly RCT manner, but I think it makes it considerably less real feeling and a bit more "flat".

Obviously, to each his own, but for me thats the real difference.  Something Robbie does quite well and few others have been able to replicate.  Pac perhaps does it better than a Fisch or Lagom, but relatively speaking I don't think the difference between them is that significant compared to Robbie's work.

• Fisch%s's Photo
    Believe me shogonymous or whoever, theres no need to be jealous.
    Aside of the blue parkmaker tag, having one of your parks score above a certain percentage will get you nothing. Youll only get the bitterness of people that will bump a 12 year old topic, logged into an account they didnt create, to anonymously _insult you_ by saying your park shouldve _only_ been 85% because they themselves feel their work is under appreciated.

If other peoples rct accolade percentages get to you so much, maybe its time for you to realize rct isnt a substitute for real life happiness!
  • Scoop%s's Photo

I can see why riverland could get an 85. ngl.

• Fisch%s's Photo
    That’s the point.
    How pathetic is it to get an alt account to secretly in spite label a park 85%?! Like 85% was unthinkable for this or something.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    I think its pathetic that whoever said that was behind an account, but I also think that its pathetic that you cant take criticism well, because most of not all is valid criticism.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo
    Y'all need to chill
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    Oh sorry Scoop, did I hit out at your buddy?
    What criticism? There’s a fucking park page where the option to write a comment will forever be enabled. Then there’s the option to use an anonymous account in a 12 year old topic to secretly proclaim stuff like “makes them look a lot better than they are” and “Have to use setpieces so that people overlook the flaws”. If you have something to say that’s supposed to help my rct, then put the explanation for how I can avoid the “gaping holes in my parkmaking” on the comments of the park. If not then shut the fuck up.

I’m not even active and I still have to deal with dumb ass statements of your little boy group directed at me when I check the site. Get off my dick. You don’t like me. I don’t like you. Stop talking about me. When I react to shogo’s anonymous post I don’t want to have to talk myself through guard dog scoop first who’s come in to defend him. Stuff like this is why I’m not actively playing anymore.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Fisch I thought you quit the game because Louis make H2H8 unfun for you 

You're surely getting emotional over someone saying your spotlight is slightly overrated because you decided to build a full-size H2H park and doing so inflated the reception of the park. And yeah, there's a good bit I don't like; I already took your advice and told you about what those are in the comments of your park when it came out though ;)

• Fisch%s's Photo
    I did half of my h2h stuff after that incident. It hurt the h2h experience. But I’m not playing because it’s fucking tedious being around the discord and the community with the constant dick measuring contest of how to get more recognition for your rct. I’m not reacting solely to this topic, I’ve just had it with your 100th attempt at trying not to be under appreciated yourself. It’s like one can’t be part of NE anymore without being drawn into the Shogo Circus every 2 days.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

So all of this was an attempt for me to get attention for myself? Nice. 

• RWE%s's Photo
    I blocked the boy group on discord, my NE experience has improved a lot since then, can recommend it. This topic should maybe be closed.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo
    Your opinion is not needed RWE
  • RWE%s's Photo
    Hello Gamma, how are you? Havent read something from you for a while, good to see you still need to engage into every discussion even when you dont have something to add.