General Chat / Dating

• MorganFan%s's Photo

YAY

• macncheezburger%s's Photo

That's exciting! Both nin and Louis. 

• Disney Imagineer%s's Photo

Long distance relationships suck total ass. That is all.

• MorganFan%s's Photo

So last weekend I met with my "girlfriend" for the first time in 8 months. I'm not sure what to call her anymore. Anyway, she just got back from Ecuador spent a week in Dallas before I flew home to see her (I had been planning this trip for a long time, for family reasons, and it just so happened to work out that we'd get to see each other).

I wasn't expecting her to meet me at the airport, so when she stepped out of the car and hugged me I was utterly shocked. And then I hugged back and we were standing there in the road like idiots for all of 2 minutes or something. Then we got in the car and it was awkward for like 5 minutes until our hands slowly inched closer together and eventually we were holding hands again. It was suddenly like nothing had changed. Weird. This girl that I had just spent an entire year getting over, I immediately had feelings for again. And she said she feels exactly the same way.

Toward the end of her time in Ecuador, we pretty much stopped communicating altogether, and were pretty much not a part of each other's lives anymore. But something clicked within the first ten minutes of seeing her again. I don't know.

So basically we had the entire weekend to fall in love all over again. And it happened naturally and wasn't forced. The thing is, I'm a little scared, because I can't tell whether it's real love or if it's just my brain trying to put all the pieces back into place from one of the happiest times of my life.

We're going to talk a lot this summer since we'll both be in Dallas (once school is done in Colorado) and try to figure things out since the next 4 years will also be a lot of long distance (though not quite as much). Last thing is that she's a completely amazing person and living in Ecuador has completely helped her mature and grow into an independent woman, which is awesome. I'm really proud of her.

tl;dr: I'm not really asking for advice, just kinda reporting in

• Scoop%s's Photo

So last weekend I met with my "girlfriend" for the first time in 8 months. I'm not sure what to call her anymore. Anyway, she just got back from Ecuador spent a week in Dallas before I flew home to see her (I had been planning this trip for a long time, for family reasons, and it just so happened to work out that we'd get to see each other).

I wasn't expecting her to meet me at the airport, so when she stepped out of the car and hugged me I was utterly shocked. And then I hugged back and we were standing there in the road like idiots for all of 2 minutes or something. Then we got in the car and it was awkward for like 5 minutes until our hands slowly inched closer together and eventually we were holding hands again. It was suddenly like nothing had changed. Weird. This girl that I had just spent an entire year getting over, I immediately had feelings for again. And she said she feels exactly the same way.

Toward the end of her time in Ecuador, we pretty much stopped communicating altogether, and were pretty much not a part of each other's lives anymore. But something clicked within the first ten minutes of seeing her again. I don't know.

So basically we had the entire weekend to fall in love all over again. And it happened naturally and wasn't forced. The thing is, I'm a little scared, because I can't tell whether it's real love or if it's just my brain trying to put all the pieces back into place from one of the happiest times of my life.

We're going to talk a lot this summer since we'll both be in Dallas (once school is done in Colorado) and try to figure things out since the next 4 years will also be a lot of long distance (though not quite as much). Last thing is that she's a completely amazing person and living in Ecuador has completely helped her mature and grow into an independent woman, which is awesome. I'm really proud of her.

tl;dr: I'm not really asking for advice, just kinda reporting in

I completely get where your coming from. 3 hours away is no where as severe as ecuador, but every time I visit my girlfriend it's the same way like nothing has changed. 
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

I'm in the gray area between "are we dating" or "are we just slightly-more-than-friends"? Its incredibly dumb. What makes it worse is that we are coworkers on the same shift. It's evident he has feelings and affection for me but I don't know at the moment what is holding it up. The situation changes with his (and, partially, my) emotions. :(

What makes it worse(rer) is that I'm so far in the closet I am in narnia, and roughly half of my family would disown my ass if I ever had the balls, at this moment, to come out about it

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

did rct turn all of us gay 

• Sulakke%s's Photo

and roughly half of my family would disown my ass if I ever had the balls, at this moment, to come out about it

Really? I thought America was a free country...

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Yes of course. And make america gay again 8) 

I'm in the gray area between "are we dating" or "are we just slightly-more-than-friends"? Its incredibly dumb. What makes it worse is that we are coworkers on the same shift. It's evident he has feelings and affection for me but I don't know at the moment what is holding it up. The situation changes with his (and, partially, my) emotions. :(

What makes it worse(rer) is that I'm so far in the closet I am in narnia, and roughly half of my family would disown my ass if I ever had the balls, at this moment, to come out about it

I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel comfortable coming out to your family, shotguns. I'm sure one day you'll be able to find happiness! Coming out is such a difficult thing. I'm sure you'll find happiness. You'll find there are lots of people who will love you for who you are and support you. Don't give up. :) You have our support!

As far as your coworker goes, I would just try to busy yourself and take time to focus on making yourself happy, then everything else will fall into place. Have you guys been on dates? Sometimes I think you just have to level with the person you're seeing and be honest - asking them what their intentions are. It's been the exact same with the guy I'm currently dating. He seemed really interested in something long-term at first, but as we started to date didn't seem as eager. It threw my emotions and thoughts as well, because I liked him so unbelievably much (damn those feelings). Communication is key in any relationship, and I just tried to be honest with him to let him know what I was looking for out of our relationship, and then asked him his thoughts on what we were and what we had potential to be. There's no harm in honesty. It doesn't make you desperate or clingy - it just helps you sort out the situation more quickly so you're not wasting your time in the long-term. I had to pick his brain to fully understand where he was coming from.

• Austin55%s's Photo

The guys behind openrct are working on a fix for this.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Austin lmao
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Pretty interesting. It's almost 50/50 it seems.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

http://www.nedesigns...ty&fromsearch=1

In 2011 it wasn't nearly 50/50. Can imagine that has changed though. Community has shrunk and it seems more people have come out. Could also just seem like that because we tend to give people attention for and higlight being gay over heterosexuality.

• Louis!%s's Photo

I personally think its all down to how fabulous I am and how fabulous I make the site by just being here.

Break ups suck. Especially after you spent 7 months of your life giving someone your heart, and they can't commit to you.

Ugh.

On a positive note, I feel like this has taught me to find happiness and contentment being alone. I've always felt like I needed someone in my life to find happiness and joy. If nothing else this has taught me that I can't find happiness by having someone, I need to choose to be happy on my own - every day. I'm so fortunate and blessed with my life anyways. I have a wonderful job, and was recently promoted within the last year. I recently moved into my first apartment - which is right behind a gorgeous resort-like pool area. I have the most wonderful friends and family. I don't need no man. I have so much to be thankful for.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

I recently moved into my first apartment - which is right behind a gorgeous resort-like pool area.

Yeah and it makes me jealous everytime you post pictures of you sunbathing around it :(

Yeah and it makes me jealous everytime you post pictures of you sunbathing around it :(

I love it. 😜 It is fabulous!
  • robbie92%s's Photo

Well, I'm single again. Damn... What are my chances of getting some ass if I add "Builder of NE's Highest-Ranking Park" on my Grindr profile?

• GammaZero%s's Photo

Well, I'm single again. Damn... What are my chances of getting some ass if I add "Builder of NE's Highest-Ranking Park" on my Grindr profile?

You'd get my ass ;)