General Chat / Parkmakers - Next Wave

• thorpedo%s's Photo

Have you ever put 80 hours into one park?

Yes, but I'm still not like you.
  • Marshy%s's Photo

ride6:

Why are you so damn full of yourself?

I'm just glad to be back on that list. Have you ever put 80 hours into one park? I did. Waters had 80 hours in it when I finished it. I have a right to be proud of that.

Now if you mean the "I could be moving around on that list..." stuff I said it's probably true. I never said that the direction would be up...

Lay off.

ride6

You suck.

I bet I can kick your ass at architecture.

Oh wait, I forgot, the games called Rollercoaster Tycoon, isnt it?

:)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    80 hours isn't really that long, pal.

If it took that long, then...

Your probably be moving down on that list.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^ I never said I wouldn't be. And Marshy, saying you could "Kick my ass at architecture" was an unsound statement. My best archetecture is in my Pro Tour entry so you won't get to see it untill May or June even though I built it now. The architecture in Waters is pretty good too, but I don't know if it's to your level or not. Some of the buildings in John Williams were pretty damn impressive, I'll give you that.

Realize that I'm saying that you could infact be better at architecture but untill you see mine don't be so judgemental.

thank you.

ride6
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Oh sorry.

:)

I dont know if I was ever on the list..

I was actually just kidding, well, yeh.
  • w33maniac%s's Photo

^ I never said I wouldn't be.  And Marshy, saying you could "Kick my ass at architecture" was an unsound statement.  My best archetecture is in my Pro Tour entry so you won't get to see it untill May or June even though I built it now.  The architecture in Waters is pretty good too, but I don't know if it's to your level or not.  Some of the buildings in John Williams were pretty damn impressive, I'll give you that. 

Realize that I'm saying that you could infact be better at architecture but untill you see mine don't be so judgemental.

thank you.

ride6

You know, i get the feeling your hyping yourself...Really annoying.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Pymguy for parkmaker!
  • Janus%s's Photo
    This has to be one of the most fun topics right now. Ah, the controversy.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

There, n00bs, here, most people have some sort of intellect.

So you call me a n00b..
    thnx

go to a completely boring site

So why do you go there then??

SF
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    with RWAdams coaster design contraversy...I don't think building traditional coasters has to be everyone's forte (my last like 4 projects had untraditional stuff, like a hacked GTA or Rapids ride, an AquaBatic coaster, etc...), but I can't imagine making someone parkmaker who can't make at least a decent coaster. Not everyone has to be able to make perfect layouts, or really crazy themed rides (X-Sector and Posix are great in these categories, look at the spotlight), but if theres going to be a parkmaker who just makes maps of buildings or has someone else do the coasters, that is a little iffy.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Thanks gym I'll just quit now :'(
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo

Thanks gym I'll just quit now :'(

k.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    From 3rd, to 2nd, to 4th. :'(

Hehe, oh well. :scarface:
  • deanosrs%s's Photo

NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

It's whatever someone wants it to be, and that's fact.

Let's see.

We follow your ideal. Everyone plays for fun, and for no recognition. Therefore, everyone has their own ideas and doesn't try to please people. Therefore rwadams decides he wants to put most of his effort into architecture because HE ENJOYS IT.

Ouch, he's just done exactly what you want him to do.

Taking your logic to its logical conclusion, surely people should only build coasters? Why bother with theming at all? Because there's no mention of theming in the title...

And face it. Why would you even bother posting at any board on the internet if:

a) you're not here for the community
    b) you don't care what people think of your work

You're being extremely hypocritical. Sort it out.

No I'm not, you just misunderstood me. Architecture should be important as well, but if you're playing a roller coaster game and you're not good at designing coasters, then you shouldn't really be a parkmaker. I think that should be pretty obvious. And it's not like rwadams is outstanding in terms of buildings, impressive, but certainly not innovative.

Yeh, I think this game should be played for fun... perhaps I shouldn't even have posted in this topic, but I just thought that rwadams was being a bit pathetic caring so much and was merely suggesting a reason to explain why he's not on the list. Basically, my opinion on his parks is similar to what gymkid said.

I'm here because I share an interest with everyone else. In the same way I talk to mates about football, I talk to you guys about rct. So I guess I'm here for the community. I could elaborate but this is the wrong topic...
  • Janus%s's Photo
    By that logic, it's called Rollercoaster TYCOON, so we all should just give up and play the scenarios.
    A park doesn't necessarily have to include coasters IMO, even if they usually are nice additions to the park.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Whatever. But someone who can't make a decent coaster shouldn't be a parkmaker.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    Well, Its stupid to say that coasters should be THE MOST important factor, but its even stupider to say they shouldn't be a factor at all.

I mean, Slob and Voodoo are incredible coaster and ride designers. So your saying this doesn't count at all? I mean, John might be 10% better at architecture than voodoo, but voodoo is 400% better at rides that john. RWadams is good at buildings, but becoming a parkmaker is so competitive that unless iris ignores coasters alltogether, then he won't become a parkmaker until he is at least 200% worse than voodoo at rides, or something like that.

Rollercoasters aren't the only factor, but its dumb to say they aren't a factor at all. Plenty of people can make great buildings, few people can make great buildings and great rides. Like Mantis. And Posix. And Fatha.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    I didn't say they weren't a factor at all. Just that they aren't necessary to build a good finished park.
    Of course coaster building has to play a part in the choosing of parkmakers, as it is one of the many aspects of the game.
  • artist%s's Photo
    I think coaster are more powerful than themeing because if the coaster sucks it kinda lets down the themeing too.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    I think just the opposite :)