General Chat / Parkmakers - Next Wave

• gymkid dude%s's Photo

I didn't say they weren't a factor at all. Just that they aren't necessary to build a good finished park.
    Of course coaster building has to play a part in the choosing of parkmakers, as it is one of the many aspects of the game.

right, and since they are at least a factor, and becoming a parkmaker is so competitive, it should be impossible to become a parkmaker without decent ridebuilding skills.
  • Janus%s's Photo

Of course coaster building has to play a part in the choosing of parkmakers...

• Turtleman%s's Photo
    I think there is an absence of Freak on the list. I really think he should at least be #20. I mean he released 2 parks and is making one right now which looks very good and the fishing section looks very original. He is inactive right now, but only because his computer is broken or something. So yea, Freak should be on the list. He is better than most of these people.
  • Metropole%s's Photo

I mean.. if no one cared about anything and just completely played it for fun.. they either a.) wouldn't be here.. or b.) go to a completely boring site where everyone loves your work.

Bitch....I spend most of my RCT time there and I don't consider myself a n00b who loves everyone's parks. Don't be so stereotypical. You still go there and it's where you started.

Sorry....back on topic...parkmakers.....yeah
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    Actually, it's so over-modded there that everyone is too scared to whole-heartedly criticize each other's work. I know you can't disagree with me on that. You, I know, wouldn't be caught dead calling someone a "bitch" there.. because you're Metropole.. rct2.com's "most helpful member". But here, on the other hand, you can be your true self.

I know too, because when I got my start there, I was scared to even post a negative comment about someone's park. But here, I'm not scared at all. Neither site is completely horrible.. both have content and organization. And after visiting the two sites, I can say that rct2.com is boring in comparison to NE. But if half-assed superficial positive comments and posts is your thing.. then I'm not insulting you at all. :)
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    rct2.com is the Station on steriods. At least the Station was between New Element and a n00b site (on strictness that is). Unfortunitly, rct2.com is on another level. Which, doesn't mean it's a poor site, just not one I tend to think of as helpful to accelerating ones talents to an upmost degree...if that makes sense.

I visit the forums every once in awhile, though I was quite turned off when a mod warned me for critizing rct2.com -- here, on another site.

Odd how far their jurisdictions range, isn't it?

Anyways, I have my disagrees with the list, and my agrees, but as long as i'm agreeing with parts of the list, why disagree with it at all?
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    ya, freak is strangely absent. I know iris doesn't really like his work, but I at least admire him for trying myst-like themes. I don't think we've seen the last of him.

Is freak better than ride6? Yes.
  • Steve%s's Photo

Is freak better than ride6?  Yes.

Yeah. ride6 sucks.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Yeah. ride6 sucks.

Is freak better than me? Definently. I can't argue that at all.

On the other hand I do not "suck" steve so would you have the mind to stop your pathetic trolling existance? Good lord you're touchy, get over that I'm getting recognized because I finish the parks I start.

If you have even a single brain cell please use it to control yourself from this stupidity untill you get to see Waters Of Civilization and can judge it.

ride6
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo

I don't think we've seen the last of him.

Of course you haven't seen the last of me. My mind is still full of odd ideas waiting to be placed within the realm of RCT. I don't think I'll ever really stop playing this game. Too damn addictive.

But thanks for the kind words you guys.
  • rwadams%s's Photo

Rog, I wouldn't mind seeing another solo park from you...those are what people are really judged by.
    You had one park that I wasn't really that impressed by, and then a bunch of PT entries that were nice, and a part in Acorn Springs, but it's going to take something on a bigger scale.

Thanks Iris, I hear you, It's just hard to get any work done on a solo when you are commited to so many group Projects. But thats my problem not yours( I enjoy the group aspect of park making and being a member of the Masters more than solos).

Deanosrs, If it's not about getting some recognition(not that it's why I play RCT, but it's nice once and awhile) why even have parkmakers, the Pro Tour(The goal of which is, if I'm not mistaken, to become a parkmaker) or competitions of any kind. As for not building coasters that are worth a damm(not everybody can work for B&M) at least I'm not afraid to put my SHIT out there for people to hack on.

Pymguy, It's hissy not pissy fit and no I'm not having one. I'm trying to quit smoking and I have been a little irritable the last week or so. Sorry, you won't here anything about being a parkmaker for me again.

Happy :lol:

Rog
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo

I'm trying to quit smoking and I have been a little irritable the last week or so.

Well kudos to you for taking the initiative to quit.

I wish you the best of luck!
  • John%s's Photo

(The goal of which is, if I'm not mistaken, to become a parkmaker)

Well, for non-parkmakers I guess that'd be the aim, but really it's to win $100. ;)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Hey ride6.
    Shut the fuck up.
    Thanks.
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    Recently taking the initiative to look over what I missed around here, i noticed this thread had become a place where the people choose to brag and display an arrogant ego and, on the other hand, a place where some prove to try to get their associates recognized. Sadly those with the ego problem (you know who you are, i aint even got to say anything...) over power what good this thread should withold. That's just my two cents..

Onto the topic.

I stand proud of some of the people up there. Others i feel should be completely dropped, some just to a much lower level, but there are more poeple there that i believe should make it which is a good thing.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    (yearns for the days when new parkmakers were a surprise, not an expectation)

No offense to Iris or anyone else, but this topic is beginning to make me ill. I hate 'reality TV', and the more and more people post reasons why they should be higher/lower, or the list at the front changes and justifications are made by the author as to why people were resorted or dropped, I get this awful "Real World" feel to it all.

I said it before and I'll repeat myself for the last time: Building parks should be for the fun of it, and not about rankings or noterity. Particularly, the spat between Roger and Iris is appalling, as both felt compelled to prove their point is right and throw their justifications around publicly. Roger is one of the most productive parkmakers in the community, having completed over 26 projects in the last 2-3 years, yet Iris is looking for solo parks to judge ones work on. Fine, if that's what it takes to be a parkmaker at NE, then no problem, I just wish all of this was kept private, as from my perspective, the exchange was embarrassing to both of you.

Anyway, this is Iris' site, list, and he can go about these things the way he wants...I'm just tired of the drama over the game at times. Go play, build whatever kind of park you want (solo, group/clu, whatever), and have fun with it. You don't have to agree with me (as this is my perspective only, and I don't expect anyone else to agree), but I'm out of this topic, ranked or not.

Also, for all of your sakes, I hope none of you become vultures over the recently opened spot from Toon. Only that could make this discussion more disgusting.

Cheers. :scarface:

Kai 8@
  • rwadams%s's Photo

I said it before and I'll repeat myself for the last time: Building parks should be for the fun of it, and not about rankings or noterity.  Particularly, the spat between Roger and Iris is appalling, as both felt compelled to prove their point is right and throw their justifications around publicly.  Roger is one of the most productive parkmakers in the community, having completed over 26 projects in the last 2-3 years, yet Iris is looking for solo parks to judge ones work on.  Fine, if that's what it takes to be a parkmaker at NE, then no problem, I just wish all of this was kept private, as from my perspective, the exchange was embarrassing to both of you.

Agreed, Like I said it was a bad week for me and I just took it the wrong way. I would like to take this time to apologise to Iris, Kai and anyone else who was offended. As far as I'm concerned the subject is closed and you won't here another word about it from me.

Rog
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Hey ride6.
    Shut the fuck up.
    Thanks.

steve- Truce. If you want to keep firing then go right ahead, I am no longer a part of this mud slinging. Your Welcome.

I agree this topic has gotten downright stupid. Iris, I and I'm sure many others are still interested in these rankings so next time you post them lock the thread immidiately after to aviod certain problems.

I know my ego is over-inflated, Juna, and I know you were referring to me (and steve too prolly).

lol.

ride6
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    ride6 you suck :D ....opps your ranked higher then me... your awsome ??? j/p

their aint no reason to close this topic, a forum is a place where people come to share ideas, talk things over, be opinionated, flame ride6, ect.... :lol:

i really aint got any beef with this list, whats the point in getting worked up over what one person thinks.

and btw you have not seen em all ;)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Okay ride6. Truce.

I mean, you are better than me.
    You being on the list and all.