AD Releases / Rocky Hills Theme Park

• Ride6%s's Photo
    This somewhat unimpressive park is my first attempt in the world of RCT/LL ever and hopefully you can enjoy it. I realize that it isn't worthy of most of you attention but I would be gratified if some of you took a moment to examine my first voyage into an alien world.

thanx

Link: http://www.thrillnet...21990post421990

ride6
  • posix%s's Photo
    Wow, I found it very nice. Now I know why Natelox had you on his "Insider Tips" list.
    I too believe that you're very talented and that you'll make it to something if you only stick to the game and practise it regularly.
    The best part about this park were definitely the coasters. I believe you're very good at making them and especially the wooden duellers impressed me alot. I could never do those.
    I don't know what style exactly you're going for but maybe next time you could seperate your park more into clear areas. So basically, work on your map layouts.
    The architecture was bit strange. Your colour combinations didn't quite work for me. Neither did the landscaping. But I don't think it's fair to criticise someone's first work that much.
    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing new work of yours. This was a successful debut.

P.S.: I must admit that I've never really noticed you here around NE until now so are you an LL or RCT2 player? Is this the park you've just finished or are you now an RCT2 player and just felt like throwing out your old stuff?
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

P.S.: I must admit that I've never really noticed you here around NE until now so are you an LL or RCT2 player? Is this the park you've just finished or are you now an RCT2 player and just felt like throwing out your old stuff?

To answer your question.....

When he posts parks at TN, he usually posts RCT2 parks.

I think he posts mainly RCT/LL parks around here because NE started out as a place more roundly based on RCT/LL parks (cause RCT2 wasn't even out at the time this site was made, I think).
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    True... I'm accully a RCT2 person and i recently got the windows XP patch from a fellow board member (thank you) and started working on this. I hadn't played RCT/LL since summer a year and 1/2 ago and at the time i had no consept of "real parkmaking".

I've already won a Runner-up with the RCT2 Sunburst Shores, I felt that this park wasn't worth the waiting and antisapation of entering for a runner-up. I just want others to see my light as it starts to shine a little brighter.

On the (park) layout problems- that is involved with the fact that this park was done completly "on the fly". Very spur of the moment. Those Duelers took me 3 hours to fine-tune so I'm glad you enjoyed them. I still haven't found "my style" in either game so my parks could be all over the place for a while...

ride6
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Dude, nice park! I liked the dueling woodies and the sit-down twister and the classic corkscrew the best, but all your rides are good. Other than naming scenery/sorting staff out, I can only say that the architecture is great for a first LL park, and the atmosphere is definitely there.

I just hope you carry on playing LL, because I really enjoyed looking at this and if it's just your first attempt ever I can't imagine how good you'll be a few parks down the line.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well he did sign up for Park Wars so it looks like you may get your wish...
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Well mantis, I'm in park wars and H2H3.

park wars- Rct/LL only. So I'll have some work there, at least 1/3-2/3s of the map.

H2H3- Well the two leading members of the (working) team are Natelox and RRP, need i mention that both are mainly RCT/LL people and this way I can work with them, maybe.

I have no RCT/LL plans outside of that and I have a RCT2 park going that is far beyond Sunburst Shore in skill level and in detail... Break Through...

I feel that i did the "mantis thing" with this park though. As in I took other peoples work, put a spin on it and called it my own...

ride6
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Hmmm...... wow, I too am impressed. Its just something about it that makes it very appealing. Very complicated, quite messy in some places, yes, but theres just something about it. Personally, I thought the somewhat careless layout and undefinable sections was part of the appeal. Reminds me very distantly of Klabuaterman Bay (God knows if I spelled that right...) by Blind Guardian, for some reason. Very nice work, I wouldnt mind seeing some more LL work from you.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I downloaded this park awhile ago but only recently opened it up. Nice work ride6, this is very impressive. It's not as polished as a Spotlight park, but obviously you have a lot of skill and if you keep working at it you'll get to Spotlight level soon. This is definately worthy of a runner-up spot had you submitted it. I have to agree with everything Posix said. With a lot of the newer members here it's common to see quality theming but coasters that need a lot of work. Your coasters are really the highlight of the park. The wooden duelers were awesome. The invert and arrow looper were both simple but good designs. The launched woody was very well integrated into the landscape. The launched B&M was a bit too messy I thought, but still had some good parts.

The architecture and some of the theming really remind me of my older work (and Blind Guardians too as Butterfinger pointed out cause his also looked like my early work). The shapes of the buildings are shapes I used a lot and the little patches of rocks you used were one of my favorite theming elements. I was never as daring as you are with coaster designs though or themes. I think the texture pallete you used here would put you in the 'dark parkmaker' category at least for this park.

I liked the MoonBase theme the most cause it was very consistent and thoughtful. You put in extra things like the landing pads and the communication device which were just there to add to the theme. I love that kind of thing. I think you overdid it there on the rocks, but the park is called Rocky Hills so I suppose I can cut you some slack in that department.

Anyway, very nice work ride6. I'm sure your next park will really be impressive.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    I downloaded this and I liked it alot...

Stick to Loopy Landscapes, it suits you so much better.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Except that I can't hack. I can't get Beast to do anything except zero clearences... I realize that there is alot that I can do with that though. I think I'll go start another LL park tonight but I won't drop Waters Of Civilazation since I've broken through to "the next level" since the last time I showed screens.

Nice to see that this is well liked. I still don't think I'll be at the level that many of you have been at for quite a while.

Glad you like it...

ride6
  • posix%s's Photo

I can't get Beast to do anything except zero clearences...  I realize that there is alot that I can do with that though.

Very true.
    All the other shit only gets your stuff to look out of place. Don't bother "learning" all the other hacks. They are hardly necessary and if you should really want something you may just ask us.
  • intamin101%s's Photo
    This coming from??? Posix? Aren't you one of the most advanced RCT LL hackers ever? I might be thinking of someone else, but I thought you were the one that came up with that ridiculously hacked (but cool) coaster with the mirage or whatever. Nothing against you...its just ironic.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Maybe you're thinking of PAWN. Posix is totally in character here. He does use stacking in his themes sometimes, but for the most part he's anti-hack.