RCT Discussion / The Overrated RCT players/parkmakers.

• Magnus%s's Photo
    Could you please put my name on the Red List aswell.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    What? Mala's one of the greatest RCT players ever! I've never seen any Bolliger and Mabillard duelers that even come close to Psycho Speedway.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Meh, I didn't like Psycho Speedway, the supports were way too overdone imo. I don't like great big supports.
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    Someday you will appreciate Mala. I used to not care for his work but it grows on you after a while...believe me.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Malaworld was the first megapark that really blew me away.
    Then I saw Cydonia City.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I dunno. I loved Mala's Rct1 work (seriously, I think Cydonia City was one of the only parks I ever commented on), but I looked at some of his Rct2 work recently and I wasn't that impressed. Maybe I just need to look again.

Anyways, he's not here anymore, but I always felt Buster's work was way overrated. The two mile long coasters never really did it for me.

And I feel kind of bad saying this, but I too feel Iceman's work is a little overrated, just in that it's largely recreation, and I'd much prefer to see more original work (of course, with much of my work being recreations I can't really complain, I just think it's the easiest part of parkmaking). Which is why I really liked that dark section in his Disneyland park, and I'm probably most excited for the Viking and potential Atlantis sections in Disneysea. That said, I still really like his work for what it is. Apparantly he enjoys making what he does, and he does it so well that I really shouldn't complain. I just prefer more original stuff. Or Disney's America, since I have no idea what that'd look like, so it'd be close enough to original for me.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    For what it was, Buster's style was fantastic. FFF really impressed me when I first saw it (especially things like the tennis courts and The Ripper's diagonal lift/loop hack). Actually The Ripper was my favourite coaster for quite some time. Actually was it 'Jack The Ripper' or just 'The Ripper'? Hmmm. Also, the invert (Earthquake? god i'm losing my memory for these things...) was great too, although I remember it having dodgy stats (i think?!?!).
    Also, that woodie in BBB always made me smile.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    i could never really get into cydonia city. mt. sinister blows me away, though, even still.
  • petrov%s's Photo
    Phatage, i know his BGS was good but in my eyes shouldnt have came first in PT2.

Theres too much hype on great adventure as well.

his realism still astounds me thou, genius!
  • mantis%s's Photo
    So you are astounded by his realism, but think his more realistic work is overrated. Uh-huh. I see where you're coming from...
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I loved Buster, didn't think he was overrated in any way, really. Not all his coasters were 2 miles long... :D The pyramid in CCC is still one of the coolest things I've ever seen.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    I would have to say Phatage just so I can get mantis to say something offensive to me.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Jack the Ripper is a lovely coaster, buster stretched the limits of the game in so many ways. Maybe the parks don't look aestetic now but they were built in such a different time frame.

Most of mala's parks as well, people. Oh well, just two players i definitely do not think are overrated..
  • mantis%s's Photo

I would have to say Phatage just so I can get mantis to say something offensive to me.

View Post

Dude wait till i'm wasted or something.

I never totally got into all those more realistic Danimation parks probably because I found them at the wrong time. But I still appreciate them, just not as much as some do.
  • petrov%s's Photo

So you are astounded by his realism, but think his more realistic work is overrated. Uh-huh. I see where you're coming from...

View Post

shit i've contradicted myself.

what astounds me is his knowledge of coasters, layout etc...for e.g. in great adventure not putting flooring in the station due to undertrack work, genius! but i couldnt understand the hype of the first couple of screens as there was not much to comment on.

im shit at analysing parks not to mention history sources (messed up my exam due to misinterpretation) so more than likely missed the point. my apologises
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    well lets just say that I'm calling el the best coaster that gadv has to offer yet nobody has ridden it... seems only fitting that the other things fell into place, maybe?
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo
    Ride6's stuff.. is boring..

No offense or anything. :evil:

-Alp

Edited by Alpengeist, 08 May 2006 - 03:26 PM.

• Nic%s's Photo
    The newer Fatha' parks.

I prefered the older ones.

Sorry.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    tropico cove all the way.
  • thirteen%s's Photo
    posix

much rumor about nothing