Contests / NEDC5 Announcement – Steve wins NEDC5

• Liampie%s's Photo

10 entries is a great result. Double digits!

• SSSammy%s's Photo

great job everyone!

• KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Thanks!
  • posix%s's Photo

NEDC5 announcement

Voting is complete

The judges were all four admins (Liampie, ][ntamin22, G Force, myself), robbie92, as the layout designer, and these seven panelists, who were chosen because they were the top voters for non-spotlight parks over the past couple of months:

RWE Scoop Cocoa Camcorder22 Jaguar saxman1089 csw

Altogether these make 12 judges, for a total of 10 counting scores once the high and low votes are removed, as per usual.

The 10 entries will be released in batches of 3, 3, 2, 2. Each will include a short commentary from robbie92 himself, who has kindly offered to send these in.

And here we begin…

• posix%s's Photo

NEDC5 Update

#10 / 10 — "Spiirokiti Piir" by KaiBueno

↑ aerial links to park's page ↑

#9 / 10 — "Paradise Palms" by barnNID

#8/ 10 — "Isla Mechanica" by Jappy

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Cool. I just jumped on the website and was literally about to send a message to ask how things have progressed with the contest results. I'll check these 3 out in a bit!!!

• csw%s's Photo

Can I just say I love the aesthetic of the contest. The contest logo, big aerials, the way the votes are presented, robbie's write-ups...it looks fantastic and I love it. Feels like a nice breath of fresh air for the site. Great job admins. And of course, great job to all contest participants. Judging the entries was a joy and the quality was very high throughout. Excited to see how it all shakes out. 

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

Already three very unique entries. Will post my thoughts on the park pages. Super excited to see the rest.

Edit: Was going to mention but forgot, I totally agree that the presentation of this version is really top notch.

• ottersalad%s's Photo

I agree with csw.. great work in the presentation. Thank you to the admins and the panelists. Excited to see whats next!

• KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Thanks for the contest, the presentation looks great. Probably my last.
  • posix%s's Photo

Very glad to read the presentational efforts are being recognised as they're quite the time eater, but do make a difference I find.

• posix%s's Photo

NEDC5 Update

#07 / 10 — "Toucan" by ottersalad

#06 / 10 — "Javan Tiger" by mamarillas

#05 / 10 — "Fireball" by bigshootergill

• Tolsimir%s's Photo

Guys we need more comments on the new batch of designs!

• posix%s's Photo
    While I'd agree, today is release day!

NEDC5 Update

#04 / 10 — "Beyond the Canopy" by Tolsimir

#03 / 10 — "Nøkken" by CoasterCreator9

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Can't wait to see the final 2 entries. It's been a great contest!

This is the type of contest I'd love to see as an annual fall event with NE, I think you'd always get around 10 entries. I know the admins don't like to overload the community with contests, but I think this would keep the hype up from one year to the next. I really wanted to build last contest, just never had the time. I'd be game to do this again next year.

• posix%s's Photo

NEDC5 Update

#02 / 10 — "B I T M A P" by In:Cities

#01 / 10 — "Ririku" by Steve

• Liampie%s's Photo

Fantastic top 2. Really strong NEDC overall, with no bad entries. Thanks to all who participated and to those this did the work behind the screens - not much of me, in this case.

• Steve%s's Photo

Wanted to give a huge thanks to the admin team for putting together yet another great contest, and for the panel to take the time to judge these excellent entries. Liam is right: not a bad design here. Incredibly consistent quality across the board.

Anyway, I won! Thanks y'all.

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

Amazing quality this contest; congratulations Steve and I:C.

• Tolsimir%s's Photo
    Congratulations to Steve and Incities! Also thank you to the admin team for delivering a contest without any problems at all! I agree with the others that the clean presentation is very appealing, good job on that. Lastly also shoutout to robbie for the layout which at least for me was a very natural and nice flowing coaster with lots of nice angles for theming opportunities!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading