General Chat / Parkmakers - Next Wave

• Underground%s's Photo

Very true, i think you could say the same for sloB and well....me, i can do coasters, hacking, landscapeing, build fast, treeing, themeing, my archy is getting better, enter contests without end, and i can even interview  :yup: ..... ok well maybe not....

But for real i was just thinking off a guy that is not on the list and should be top 10 or 5 at least. Mike Robbins. Hell the guy has just about everything but a spotlight, and he almost did, Super Runner UP, Pinnacle Park, VP at RCT2.com and #50 parkmaker of all time, so i think he should be way up their, or did he retire, and no one told me?

You also seem to be quite full of yourself. I've seen your stuff. It's good, but hardly good enough for you to be boasting as much as you do. Honestly, you're 20?

I'm not trying to be rude here, but seriously man, you've got some serious growing up to do.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    and after i say all that i go on to say "but for real"
  • Underground%s's Photo
    I wouldn't have had reason to post if it wasn't a reoccurring problem with you.
  • \/\/33/\/\an%s's Photo

IMO Voodoo has the entire package and is most deserving of a parkmaker position. Coaster, architecture, and landscaping skills all in one. And he does them all so well, which is really great.

I agree except for the architecture, i dont find it too amazing. Too simple? But still he knows how to use it well to "perfect" the atmosphere. Its John or Voodoo.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Actually, I believe Kumba is on an upward curve. Breaking out of his old syle of box architecture was such a breathe of fresh air for him. Although at the time I didnt admit it, the architecture and coaster layout of his winning NEPT entry, were actually very good, and they were a perfect example that he is coming up. Kumba, your improving very fast, keep it up man. ;)
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I think Kumba is a little underrated as a parkmaker. I don't know why he makes himself seem so arrogant on the forums because I've never seen a shred of that while talking to him in person. I'm sure this hurts him in terms of how people view his work. When people think you're arrogant they are far harder to please. His parkmaking definitely needs some fine tuning, but the ideas are there and it seems everything he does is better than his previous work.

And I understand how cBass' work is not the theme park style, but I think it's important that that side of parkmaking be well represented at NE and still think cBass should be and will be the next parkmaker.
  • \/\/33/\/\an%s's Photo

And I understand how cBass' work is not the theme park style, but I think it's important that that side of parkmaking be well represented at NE

Ofcourse we need that kind of parkmaking. Sometimes it's nice to look at something totally different.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

I think you've got four kind of personalities that (could) play RCT/RCT2

The architect
    Likes to recreate buildings, or make them architecturally good.
    Pays the most attention to details on buildings, and doesn't spent too much time on rides.
    Is also better at the buildings...

The themepark-lover
    (Re)creates parks, because he would like to visit his park in real-life.
    Mostly takes his inspiration from parks he visited or pictures.
    Tries to create his park in that way, so it could be visited in real-life.
    Is good at many aspects of the game, but buildings are not his strongest...

The town and country planning player
    Tries to create parks that are best runned.
    All is well layed-out, and well structerized.
    The same players could also play games like SimCity or the Sims...
    Tries to run the parks the best.
    Pays the most attention on the ratings of the park and that the guests won't get lost.
    I think you don't see those players much on the NE forums, because the screens won't be 'beautiful'

The fantast/artist

Tries to create parks with their imagination.
    The parks in no way can exist in real life, and are just created with the imagination of the builder...
    Themes are very important, so most attention will be spent on the themeing.
    Rides doesn't really matter as long as it is well themed...

This is how I think of the different players who are interested in RCT/RCT2...
    Players could also be a mixture of levels, for example one who likes to create parks you can visit in real-life as well with buildings that are architecturally good.

<snip>

I think it's about what you like. Some players like 'architects' who make great buildings.
    Some like 'themepark-fans' that make parks(/rides) you would want to visit in real-life.
    Some like parks with 999 park ratings... and so on...
    It's all about your personality and personal interest/preference.
    SAC could be my idol for making parks you could visit in real life mixed with theming...
    Someone else's idol could be Mala, because of the fantasy in his parks...
    <snip>

This was a post from me about idols of RCT.
    I just want to say that people have different opinions on who is 'the best'.
    And that people have different styles of parkmaking, that someone has more than another...
    So iris has most probably another taste than me or ToonTowner or something, but iris makes the call on who becomes parkmaker and who not (I think? ??? )

Anywayz, people have different styles and opinions.

SF
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

And I understand how cBass' work is not the theme park style, but I think it's important that that side of parkmaking be well represented at NE and still think cBass should be and will be the next parkmaker.

Hear hear!

If anything, the fantasy style of parkmaking needs more representation among the NE parkmaker ranks. They bring creativity to the game and inspire us with their unpredictable styles. I find it sad how many people are closed-minded to the fantasy style, saying crap like "too cluttered", "overthemed", or "doesn't look like a theme park". This is why cBass has moved up to my top 3 non-parkmakers with Benni and Micool. In many people's minds, they're not the best out there, but for me, these guys are the parkmakers of the future.

Well, that's all I have to say. cBass for parkmaker!
  • John%s's Photo
    It doesn't help that the fantasy style is dwindling away and is becoming more alienated (no pun intended ;)) as time goes on. But, I can still appreciate what the fantasy parkmakers produce, I may not like it though. Iris definitely has a diversified style though. Which is apparent in what makes the parkmaker list and the "Next Wave" list - all the different parkmakers unique unto themselves. 'Tis a great thing, I must say. Keep doing what you do best, iris. I think I can trust your judgment. :p
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    VooDoo should be next. That is all.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

OK. Someone fuckn tell me. I'm not pissed tho. It may sound like it but I aint.

Wat the fuck is up with ride6. Everyone thinks hes so good. His work is a piece of shit. Really, I don't see anything that shows talent. It really is shit. So wat the fuck?

No disrespect ride6. I just think you can greatly improve. I aint saying I cant tho. I know I can. But still...

???

Well no hard feeling taken. Really I don't mind the fact that I'm not liked all the way around. I know the I have a long way to improve before I'll be anywhere near parkmaker level. I'm already improving, I just haven't released anything since Sunburst Shores and that was finished back in late November, when i sent it to my testers. Iris got it about 2 days after ROB came out.

I have a RCT/LL project going and a ROB spinn-off RCT2 project on the way. I'm figure I could be going somewhere in the next couple months. The RCT/LL park isn't anything that great since it is my first RCT/LL project. Waters of Civilization (the RCT2 park) is a HUGE leap forward for me and hopefully everyone will agree.

:peace: Peace Everyone, Peace :peace:

ride6
  • spiderman%s's Photo

I have a RCT/LL project going

Woohoo! Go LL!

LLLL
  • Kumba%s's Photo

But for real i was just thinking off a guy that is not on the list and should be top 10 or 5 at least. Mike Robbins. Hell the guy has just about everything but a spotlight, and he almost did, Super Runner UP, Pinnacle Park, VP at RCT2.com and #50 parkmaker of all time, so i think he should be way up their, or did he retire, and no one told me?

Let me try this again.....maybe a chant:

Mike!, Mike!, Mike!, Mike!

he should be their somewhere iris.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Yeah, now that I think about it, he is overlooked just as much as RW (and, after seeing Ice's new stuff, him too).
  • John%s's Photo
    I was under the impression (from a post of his) that he was done with RCT? ???
  • sloB%s's Photo
    More like he said, fuck this site, I'm leaving.

At least thats what I remember.
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    Maybe i missed something....

Andrew? Killtony? Are they all-ready parkmakers?

Turtleman? Adix?

Freak? Spidy?

They gotta be close....

Oh well, your site.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Asian Adventures got VP of the month at RCT2.com for December. So that's where his stuff went, I guess...
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    lmfao. VP. What a waste of time.