(Archive) Advertising District / A bit of LL...

• Magnus Polyspaston%s's Photo
    Just the beginning of the entrance area to a new park I'm playing around with. I've had a few false starts on some parks recently but I'm very happy how this has started to come together.

It's not much, but could be the start of something good :nod:

Attached Image: SCR4.jpg
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    looks amazing magnus i've always loved your oldschool charm and this is no different
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I confirm that this is the start of something good. Love the paths over the water.
    Thanks for the early comments.

Had a bit of a play around this morning and decided on ditching the entrance train station... just got in the way of the view of the lake I had planned. There likely will still be a railway though.

Much better now me thinks. Atleast the ducks like it anyway :)/>

Attached Image: SCR5.jpg
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeah I like that even more :) Great stuff
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I love it.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    Where is the water source for those two pools? They look man made but I see you have rapids against the lake which implies a lot of water movement.
    A wizard lives in one of the buildings on the plaza. He magics fresh water into the pools every few hours to keep it topped up. We don't pay him for the service as we let him lodge for free.

A stupid answer for a stupid question about a fictional theme park in a fucking game. Think you need to get out more, fella...
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    <3
    This. This comment right there.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I didn't think it was totally pointless. You just said the view of the lake was important so when I looked at that part of the screen I saw an awkward rapids part between the pools and lake. Was looking for why before I told you it was wrong.

Thanks for being positive(ly an ass)!
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Lol...funny.

I do agree with Maverick though, most of us are realists here, so where's the water source?
    Other than that, i does look nice.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Okay, I'm gonna help MP out here. The water source is in the ground. You can't see it. It can't be shown in RCT. It's there. You just have to believe.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I agree that a source is not very important, though it can't hurt to have one. I think some underground log flume pieces might look nice.

Either way, you should definitely include the wizard and his lodge in the park now.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    :p
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I read it as a lizard, not a wizard.

Make it a lizard and it will be even better.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    You could call him Jub-Jub.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I do know a sandman(bring me a dream...), but not a waterman.
    After a bit of thinking whilst walking the dogs, I decided to go back and alter the entrance. After all, without a water source for the pools, it's totally unrealistic and I could never bring myself to release such a shoddy piece of work.

I didn't want to go half hearted with just some rapids troughs coming from nowhere. There was only one option in my mind...

Attached Image: SCR6.jpg

Plus, in modifying the entrance in such a way, the wizard has been able to retire from filling our pools and now resides in his own tower at the top of the source!

Attached Image: SCR7.jpg

Gotta keep him happy. Will turn me into a moose or something otherwise...
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    Yep or you could have just removed the weird rapids. Whichever is easier for you.
    How would you do waterfalls in LL then? I would love to see.