(Archive) Advertising District / A bit of LL...

• Wanted%s's Photo
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh that's what I wanna see
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    That looks awesome, keep at it!
  • gir%s's Photo

wow

I concur
  • Angroc%s's Photo
    I feel like I am watching a movie where the plot keeps on getting more convoluted and interesting, with those crazy, sudden reveals. At first i thought you were making a standard map with the standard 2x2isms, but then BOOM waterfall-andclliff, then BOOM the cliff goes in a friggin circle around the town. Can't wait to see some crazy coasters in there!!!
  • Chrixz%s's Photo
    It's pretty great, also please do add a huge waterfall at the front of the lake by the entrance that would be awesome.
  • Magnus Polyspaston%s's Photo
    It's not much, I know...

Attached Image: SCR10.jpg

Just playing with the landscape at the moment. Layout is right, just needs more rocks and waterfalls :mantis:

Then it's onto actual building :party:
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    That landscape is beautiful
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    yessss good more landscaping
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Incredible.
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    The steep Clift face with the river on top reminds me of a dam.
    Really well done
  • Angroc%s's Photo
    I am SO excited. Love it when people to some good ol' mountainscapes! Too much flat stuff around.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Now that is a landscape. Been a while since we saw a good one!
  • posix%s's Photo
    Old Red comes to mind. No idea what you're going for though.
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    Building a forest for the wizard, probably.
    Not posted much in here in a few weeks so a quick update.

Not a great deal has been done with the original park in this topic as I've turned my attention to a new project, something closer to my heart and a lot of fun too...

Attached Image: SCR21.jpg

Attached Image: SCR22.jpg

Attached Image: SCR23.jpg

I didn't want to start a new topic as it's relevant here. It is a bit of LL after all... Diamond Heights has always been my favorite scenario and I've set about remaking it in my own style.

There's a lot I love about the park and a lot I don't. Some of the elements of the original scenario are far from pleasing to look at and this is what I have set out to change. I'm also changing the style of the park from the stripped out Chris Sawyer style to a much more modern, detailed looking LL.

I'm keeping it totally peepable, so single paths all round and trying to use as much of the game as possible rather than just hacking stuff to work how I want it to. Something a bit refreshing, and far more fun. I'm just playing the game, and can't wait to watch the peeps enjoy it when it's finished!

:mantis:
    I never did like that dueling wooden mouse...

Attached Image: SCR25.jpg
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I loved that wooden mouse! :(

Your take on this park looks pretty rad!
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    absolutely beautiful. although i do think it is blasphemy to remove doppelganger
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Reimagining Diamond Heights is a very cool concept but it only works if you make it better. In the case of Doppelganger (which is a fucking awesome coaster) the least you could've done is make it duel!
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I love that picture of the train, really beautiful. I'm on the dueling wooden mouse bandwagon as well. Sick ride, you should've kept it. :p