RCT Discussion / PPASTF - Pre-Panel Accolade Scoring Task Force

• Liampie%s's Photo

Hey everyone! The title says all really. Since NE5 gives us the opportunity, let's give all the pre-panel accolades a score! With this some of the old parkmakers can get their parkmaker status back, like Turtle and sacoasterfreak did today. There's no notification when a pre-panel accolade gets its final score, so we can keep a list here.

Panelists of NE, it would be cool if you could visit a couple of old parks to score them. Let's do this! And if you notice something has received a score, post it here and I'll update the list!

Legend

Post #1: Pre-panel LL accolades
    Post #2: Pre-panel RCT2 accolades
    Post #4: List of scored pre-panel accolades

Quintessential creations are marked with 'priority'.
    (%)

LL - Panelist Votes

Done!

LL - Community Votes

Silver - bokti - Lake Laramie
    Silver - bokti - Oceania Theme Park
    Silver - Andrew - Echoes Of The Past
    Design - Panther - Ornsomi Mountain Trading Company
    Invitational - Micool - Dragon Realm
    NE Group Park - NE's Florencia Valley
    NE Group Park - Chateau Lake Amusement Park
    NE Group Park - NE's Hidden Realm
    NE Group Park - NE's IAAPA Convention
    Danimation Spotlight - x-sector - Sunshine Gardens
    Danimation Spotlight - sacoasterfreak - Crystal Horizons
    Danimation Spotlight - sacoasterfreak - Legends: Timeless Tales
    Danimation Spotlight - Greg Reese - Hersheypark
    Danimation Spotlight - Corkscrewed - Rich Uncle Pennybag's Estate
    Danimation Spotlight - Fatha' - Wild Wild West
    Danimation Spotlight - Greg Moore - Land of Song and Dance
    Danimation Spotlight - DanMacK - Adventures into Imagination
    Danimation Spotlight - Buster - Dungeons, Dragons & Drops
    Danimation Spotlight - Scuiggy - Salem Swamp
    Danimation Spotlight - Tyler - Orange Valley
    Danimation Spotlight - Schuessler - Lands of Adventure
    Danimation Spotlight - Schuessler - Canterbury Falls

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    RCT2

Done!

The History of H2H

H2H1
    H2H2

NE was founded in March 2002, and it was during these early formative months that webmaster iris tried lots of contest formats and other site features, many of them 'borrowed' from Danimation. One of the original features iris came up with was 'Head-2-Head', a team based contest in which players were drafted into teams, making duo parks against a strict deadline, and going up in a poll-decided match against other teams. Here, in April 2002, the foundation for the most legendary RCT contest had been laid. H2H had a mid season break back then, and during this break, the site was upgraded to 'NE2'. Unfortunately, all NE1-content could no longer be accessed, and therefore much knowledge and content of H2H1 has been lost to time.

x-sector wrote:
    well I voted for my team but if I wasn't on it i would have voted for NEvis and elrocko
    mantis wrote:
    Well, now that i've actually looked at the parks, i'm glad I voted for Ganymede.

18 parks and one play-off match topic survive - mostly through the latter we know of three team names; Team Solar (captained by Foozycoaster), Team Victory (captained by iris) and Team Infinity. This match topic gives a small glimpse into the culture at the time: people voting for their own team, people voting before even checking out the parks, and 1337 5p34k.

During NE's 10th anniversary in 2012, posix wrote a nice piece on the first year of NE's history. With no new information, who can summarise the contest better than an eye witness? About H2H1, he had the following to say.

posix wrote:

iris continued to push the community and announced the site's first ever contest: Head-2-Head. This was an original contest concept in which participants were drafted into teams and battled each other in 2vs2 duo park match-ups where public polls decided the winner. The contest introduced strict deadlines by which a park had to be sent in, and for the first time evoked a certain pressure to finish a park which anyone who has participated in an H2H season is probably familiar with. The contest's first round of matches took place in April 2002, featuring a release by Nevis who worked on "Tales of Camelot" together with mp3mystro (today "Panther"). The park again demonstrated Nevis affinity for custom ride design, featuring a large 4D coaster and custom ride. Although Nevis criticised mp3mystro as "impossible to work with", the park is considered as one of the best of H2H1, and ranked #2 in the "Best H2H park of the year" rankings. Coming in first was Fatha's and Andy Hodgson "Streets of New York", a story-based fantasy adventure ride through the city. At the time this was a novel concept few people, if any, had used before. Adventure rides were later also a trademark of Fatha's later releases. The contest took a two months break in June 2002 and wasn't to continue until August two months later.

The two finalist teams had their first play-offs match, which due to an H2H activity drought also turned into the finals of the contest. Nevis and Elrocko's "Cherokee Valley" was beaten in a close match against x-sector's and Fatha's "Ganymede". This was Nevis last performance before he retired. The match-up was posted on a notorious date in NE history: 16 Sept 2002, the launch of NE2.

This final match between Team Solar and Team Victory never reached a clear conclusion, and eventually Team Victory lived up to its name as Foozy gave up on H2H1, and with him Team Solar. Iris and his team became the first H2H champions.

Until any more eye witnesses step forward, or more H2H1 parks surface, this is about as much as there is to know about H2H1. Consider this an open invitation to all old timers to dig deep in their memory and share some factoids!

Tales of Camelot by Nevis and Panther

Streets of New York by Fatha and Andy Hodgson

Cherokee Valley by Nevis and Elrocko

Ganymede by x-sector and Fatha'

The History of H2H

H2H1
    H2H2
    H2H3

iris wrote:
    We are now slow, we are waiting. As Chauncey said, I believe that about 95% of the people who were awesome with rct1, basically suck ass with RCT2. I'm waiting for some change in that.

H2H2 was being planned even during the last stage of H2H1, and a draft occured in September 2002. The captains were Iris, Fatha', Nessy: Ride of Steal, Chauncey Gardner, Foozycoaster and Tony ('Kumbamaster') - replacing Adix who dropped out just after the draft. However, with the prospect of RCT2 dropping in October, the contest was kept on hold to give everyone time to purchase and get to learn RCT2. Initially, the widespread notion was that everyone who was great at RCT1 sucked at RCT2. A second draft was held in December, but there was still ongoing discussion over whether the contest should allow for RCT2 entries. Finalised teams dropped the 24th, but because of further stalling it wasn't until February that the contest was officially kicked off. The struggle for RCT2's emancipation became one of the contest's main themes.

H2H still operated using 'divisions'; meaning the six teams were divided in two divisions, North and South. The teams changed a bit over the course of the contest. Below you will find the teams as they stood at the end of the contest. A lot of usernames have also changed in the mean time; contemporary names are between brackets. Italised names ended up not building anything.

The Sea Serpents

Captain: Nessy: Ride of Steel

Soutenours

Captain: Tony / Gigaforce / x-sector

The Mean Green

Captain: Fatha'

Nessy: Ride of Steel
    RRP
    Roomie (roomraider)
    Raven-SDI
    Sboarder
    Twisted
    JiMeMo
    Maverick
    The Hive
    Kyle

Tony (Kumbamaster)
    x-sector
    Ozone
    Prince Ashitaka
    Gigaforce
    bokti (Harakiri)
    The Drizzle (BioHaZard)
    RCTFlame
    Shortdude
    Blind Guardian
    Nitrous Oxide
    Fatha'
    natelox
    Butterfinger
    Themeparkmaster
    Drew (Generation X)
    Sanctuary
    DragonInferno
    Cap'n Quack (Metal)
    vTd

The Drizzle wrote:
    w00t...go...uh...*checks the topic again*...Spente La Salle ??? lol...well yeah, name doesn't matter.
    Tony wrote:
    Spente Le Stelle is no more! We are now the The Souteneurs! Change our team name when you're back. Thanksie:)

In the North division, Nessy captained the Sea Serpents, a team that seen as quite weak despite having superstar RRP. Tony, who took over from Adix in September, captained for Spente La Salle, a team name obviously no one liked. They soon changed their name to The Soutenours, which is only a bad name if you look up what that word means. Name issues aside, the team looked strong with multiple proven parkmakers, such as x-sector and Harakiri. The third team in this division was Fatha's Mean Green. Fatha' came out of H2H1 on a hot streak and expectations were high, sustained by a strong roster, with most notably natelox and Butterfinger on board. Themeparkmaster was a newcomer who would proceed to do a great job of supporting the main guys. The lower half of the roster was less impressive, however.

The Icons

Captain: iris

The Blue Meanies

Captain: cg?

The Pufferfish

Captain: Adix / posix

iris
    PyroPenguin
    Corkscrewed
    Coaster Ed
    Mantis
    Ablaze (Mortician)
    Scarface
    Foozycoaster
    Foltzenator
    Stargazer
    cg? (Chauncey Gardner)
    Evil WME
    Micool
    jhoffa (Kiddo)
    Roberto Roboparks
    TXCoasterGuy1
    KaiBueno
    thorpedo
    rctfreak2000
    DippyDoodle
    Blitz
    Posix
    Toon
    aero21
    Midnight Aurora
    Nitrophobia
    The Judge
    Hyper Helix
    Creator
    Steel Falcon
    Vert

Iris returned to fight for his second championship, drafting a superstar team on accident (or perhaps 'accident'), with even the less highly regarded names growing out to be superstars through achievements inside and outside of H2H, ending up with 8 (!) NE Parkmakers on his team. The Blue Meanies were this H2H's 'weird team', with a bunch of off-beat parkmakers, questionably captained by an immature Chauncey Gardner. Thorpedo was later added to the team. Lastly there was the Pufferfish, captained by posix who jumped in to replace a once again disappeared Adix. Like the animal the team was named for, its status would grow from something middle of the road underwhelming into something bigger and better and well respected.

Each team facing teams from the other division once and teams from the same division twice, for a total of 7 matches. Two teams from each division would advance to the play-offs. The matches were spread out over 10 weeks, meaning every team had three 'bye' weeks in which they did not have to submit anything. The word 'week' was a poor choice, since they did not correspond with actual weeks, but the schedule (as far as it existed) was also adjusted multiple times at iris' whims. The Week 1 deadline was February 22nd, but the first match was posted on March 1st. The following rounds debuted on March 12th (R2), March 24th (R3), March 31st (R4; running until April 15th), May 8th (R5), May 22nd (R6), June 14th (R7), June 30th (R8), August 10th (R9) and August 27th (R10). Guess when the play-offs were held, and find out the answer while reading the rest of this text.

JBruckner wrote:
    Yeah, the RCT2 one sucked. Come on, you are giving the game a bad name. Wow.....

Week 1 started with a close match between The Icons' Elfwood, and The Pufferfish' Horstmann Laboratories. In classic H2H fashion, the comments were full of hostilities, and a surge in the number of votes raised questions on who all these people voting were. In the end, the Pufferfish narrowly received the win, getting 51 out of 99 votes. Until the play-offs, no match would receive more than 67 votes in total... The other match went between The Mean Green's Corozal (by natelox and Themeparkmaster) and The Soutenours' Evanescence. Evanescence got eviscerated and was quickly forgotten. However, the match was a historical milestone. Evanescence was the first RCT2 park in H2H ever!

Corozal by The Mean Green
    Evanescence by The Soutenours

Coaster Ed wrote:
    I'd say h2h2 is off to a great start so far. [...] The anonymous thing is fun and I love the overview shots this time, very cool.

Iris applied a few changes to the H2H format since H2H1. Marginally more effort was put into the presentation, with aerials on display in the opening post, and the creators of a park being kept anonimous until the match was closed. However, open speculation of who made what and covers being blown by heated discussions was a regular occurance, for example in Week 2's Icons versus Blue Meanies. The Icons came up with Erwindale Forest by Coaster Ed and mantis, a high concept park with elaborate hacks, initially not as warmly received as it was remembered later. The Blue Meanies submitted IsoMania, a simple RCT2 park mainly by Evil WME. Coaster Ed, thought of as a beacon of eloquence, lashed out at some of the comments, outing himelf as a creator. Ironically, cg? (contemporarily known as Chauncey Gardner) as captain of the Blue Meanies didn't even know who built on their park.

Coaster Ed wrote:
    Alright, who made Purple Pill Heights? Toon Towner I suspect you were involved. The Judge maybe? Fess up. Amazing work whoever made it. Absolutely stunning in every way. I'm still blown away by all the great use of objects. The stairs on the buildings, the columns, and that's barely scratching the surface. RCT2 has officially arrived. Sorry team Grinch but nobody can compete with that.

The other two matches were less eventful, but no less interesting. The Mean Green faced (and lost to) the Pufferfish in the first all-RCT2 H2H match-up, in which Toon and The Judge impressed with Purple Pill Heights. This was the first park to succeed in the RCT2 aesthetic, breaking free of RCTLLisms, and even incorporating some early custom scenery such as the quarter block, eventually resulting in the park receiving second place in the Best Park category of the H2H2 awards despite already having been overtaken by other more advanced RCT2 parks that were still to come at this point. Ozone and The Drizzle/BioHaZard also dabbled in RCT2 with Tumbleweed Frontiers for the Soutenours, not entirely unsuccessfully, but their opponent's park Khalma Cove won the match comfortably, showing that going RCT2 was still a risky strategy. Admirable RCT2 efforts were no match for classic strong LL made by big names such as RRP (with Nessy).

Tony wrote:
    Oh, yay! How fun is this? I'm quitting H2H...Giga, you can be the captain or whatever. I'm tired of iris' shit. I just gonna quit NE. That'd be even better! It's not like I play this stupid game anymore, anyway. Whatever.

It was around this time that the Soutenours underwent a change of management with Kumbamaster/Tony quitting, and GigaForce taking over as the de jure leader of the team (and later in turn succeeded by x-sector).

Erwindale Forest by The Icons
    Purple Pill Heights by The Pufferfish
    Tumbleweed Frontiers
    Khalma Cove by The Sea Serpents

cg? wrote:
    What the fuck did I do wrong? It isn't my fault none of you lazy bitches finished anything! Blame the idiots who were supposed to go this week, and all the other idiots on our fucking team!
    posix wrote:
    You are responsible for people to "get their lazy asses" to work. Do you think you're the only captain who has this problem? I can assure you, you're not.

Week 3 was a fun round, with only one match scheduled between The Soutenours and the Blue Meanies. In the last round, Chauncey Gardner already admitted to not knowing what his team was up to, but if you think that is bad for a captain... It was about to be worse. Simply said, The Blue Meanies did not submit a park at all, giving the Soutenours a win by forfeit. On the one hand, it was a waste of the the x-sector-led park Valley of the Kings, which was a one of the best parks of H2H2 so far. On the other hand, it made this victory feel less cheap; they may have won this match anyway.

Week 4 had two strong RCT2 vs RCTLL matches; with the Sea Serpents getting a LL win with Falcon's Ridge, and the Icons getting an RCT2 win in a clash of titans: PyroPenguin's El Dorado versus Fatha's Maui Xtreme Resort. A third Week 4 match was once again decided through a forfeit, and once again it was due to horribly amateuristic communication on The Blue Meanies, giving the Pufferfish a free win their third in a row...

In a similar fashion, The Mean Green failed to produce a park in Week 5, giving the Sea Serpents their third win, and giving the Mean Green something to talk about internally. Suggestions to iris to communicate the deadlines better were brushed off as unnecessary 'spoon feeding'. Week 5 also saw a successful and match between The Icons and The Pufferfish, with a posix-led LL park called Anuradhapura narrowly losing to Corkscrewed's Ville des Lumières, which leaned more into the RCT2 aesthetic with heavy use of pirate wall pieces and custom scenery, showing the rapid advance of the game. After this round, both teams were tied with a 3-1 win-lose record.

Valley of the Kings by The Soutenours
    El Dorado by The Icons
    Anuradhapura by The Pufferfish
    Ville des Lumières by The Icons

The classic era of NE only lasted a few more years, but in retrospect it looks huge. One possible explanation for this is that these times were just extra eventful, with sometimes multiple contests happening at the same time. H2H certainly wasn't as all-encompassing as it is nowadays. The effects of this started to be noticable during Week 6, which saw little engagement, despite the miracle of The Blue Meanies submitting a park again. Their match against The Sea Serpents was simply not very inspiring, with two low quality parks. A solo RCT2 park by Raven-SDI gave the win to The Sea Serpents, already securing them a play-offs spot with their 4-0 W-L record. Similarly, in the other division, The Blue Meanies now had a terrible 0-4 W-L record. The other match was of somewhat higher quality, in which a solo LL park by Ozone beat an RCT2 duo from The Mean Green; an important second win for the Soutenours, but a devastating fourth loss in a row for The Mean Green.

Now that the Blue Meanies had discovered how to submit a park on time, in Week 7 they learned how to win matches: lean into the weirdness. With 34 against 33 votes, their Othello made by KaiBueno and Micool won against The Icons' Celestial Adventures which looked anything but celestial. Othello played on the notion that it's both a board game and a play by Shakespeare. The park comes with a Mattel and a Shakespeare version; the former a giant tall glass box with the board game on top, the other one has the glass board game removed showing the park. The kindest way to describe the park is that it's forgettable, but it stands out in this contest because it's so high concept and because it comes in two versions - something we'd see more of in later H2Hs.

Caddie Gone Mad wrote:
    The Legend of Leviathan, for it is RCT1. I like RCT1 better.
    Brent wrote:
    That has GOT to be the lamest excuse ever. period. Did you even look at MFP in-game? It's incedible how great the architecture is. The rides themselves have seriously kick ass layout with magnificent custom supports, where put on.
    Caddie Gone Mad wrote:
    Why should I? Because you tell me to? Fuck off, I hate RCT2.

The second match this week was of higher quality. The Pufferfish got their second win, with a park based on an episode of The Simpsons, that showcased some of the progress that had been made in RCT2. Maude Flanders' Praiseland was typical aero21 work, with a lot of path and an almost pavillion-like patchwork of different themes and ideas. Aero had won the first RCT2 spotlight just a few weeks before. Toon, being a pioneer of RCT2 architecture and custom scenery, joined him on Praiseland. Together they were perhaps the ideal duo to take a stand against the LL lobby. The Soutenours' Legends of Leviathan by Ozone and Prince was well received, but also criticised for a lack of originality and the main coaster having two cobra rolls. This onfortunate match-up may have cost them the season.

Othello by The Blue Meanies
    Maude Flanders' Praiseland by The Pufferfish

Stargazer wrote:
    I have no idea how the person who made the Battlefield RCT did it, but it has to be the most impressive thing I have ever seen, does Iris allow mini's on the list?
    mantis wrote:
    Safe to say I couldn't believe my eyes and still can't. This is an experience. This is a minipark that I can spend more time getting absorbed in that many megaparks. 200+ rides of pure unadulterated fun.

The Blue Meanies continued their upwards trend in Week 8, with their second win against the otherwise well functioning Pufferfish. Jhoffa and thorpedo's Psychedelica lived up to its name with unfathomable bright objects spam, which could be considered creative and out of the box. A successful strategy in H2H2. Results from the other match eliminated the team from a chance of proceeding to the play-offs though... If Psychedelica was a 7/10 on a scale of creativity, then what came next was at least a 30/10. Coaster Ed, now paired with Scarface managed to outhack his Erwindale Forest with Battlefield RCT. Somewhat chaotic and cluttered in its layout, it rewarded those who took the time to properly explore the map in detail, as it contained dozens of cleverly hacked vehicles such as ships, helicopters, tanks, and other things you might see on a battlefield. The map had good rides and good architecture, but most of all... A opening narrative with timed explosions and messages. Battlefield RCT was an instant classic and has retained a spot on the best-of lists of LL connaisseurs since. It also won H2H park of the year in the H2H2 awards. Needless to say, The Icons got a landslide win here, qualifying them for the play-off with a 4-2 W-L record, but not because the opponent's park was weak. X-sector and Harakiri/bokti actually created a very strong LL park with the weird name You've Come A Long Way, Baby. They were certainly a long way from a win.

Battlefield RCT by The Icons
    You've Come a Long Way, Baby by the Soutenours

iris wrote:
    Well, a complete bonehead move by Nessy and the Sea Serpents actually clinches the final playoff spot for the Mean Green!
    The Mean Green are boosted to 2-4, and have one game remaining. The worst they could finish is 2-5, which is the same record as the Soutenours, but the Mean Green hold the better conference record, hence a playoff birth either way. I'm sure OZONE and the rest of the Soutenours aren't too pleased with the Sea Serpents, as Fatha's team basically gets a free ride straight to the playoffs.
    Themeparkmaster wrote:
    Ahahahahahahahahaha. I can't believe we made it to the playoffs. Thanks Sea Serpents!

Looking at the contest standings, The Sea Serpents had already qualified. It is in Week 8 that they started doing a reverse Blue Meanies, simply not submitting because there was nothing to gain. The Mean Green, desperately in need of a win, therefore won their match by forfeit. Their park by Butterfinger and Dragoninferno, Mississippi Delta, wasn't overly interesting. Dragon's comment however once again revealed how the RCT2 meta was rapidly shifting at the time. Well this park has been sitting around waiting for the next match for a month or more now, so it might be a little outdated... Outdated, in a month. Anyway, because of the way the divisions worked and how the ranking was determined, The Mean Green had now qualified for the play-offs as well, and the Soutenours were out.

Turtleman wrote:
    Honestly Nitro, you need a new set of colors. All I have seen from you is the same brown and yellow shit. Same archy, same elements.
    Roomie wrote:
    Grrrr i was ready to go this week but no one in our team can be arsed to help. come on guys. Stop being such idiots. it is a game after all.

With two more weeks of parks to go, with nothing to gain or lose but dignity, the play-offs bracket were now set in stone. Week 9 was unsurprisingly uneventful, with one match in which The Sea Serpents failed to submit a park again, or rather, it didn't happen because of the team falling apart. Captain Nessy: Ride of Steel had to deal with some other stuff and handed over the captaincy to Raven-SDI. The Pufferfish's park by Nitrophobia and Hyper Helix, notably and fittingly boring (and brown), got them an easy win.

Micool wrote:
    Oh God... Rushville was the most boring piece of shit I have ever laid eyes on... in RCT at least. It's like being in school. VOTE MEANIES. :D
    iris wrote:
    In a erm...unique round, The Blue Meanies defeat The Mean Green, and pick up their third straight win.
    This leaves the Blue Meanies with a 3-4 record, which is actually better then the Mean Green's 2-5 mark, yet the Mean Green will be in the playoffs opposed to the Blue Meanies, due to the division.

Fortunately, Week 10 offered two complete matches again - perhaps because of everyone being somewhat fed up with the forfeits, or scared of being put on iris' H2H blacklist that he had introduced a few weeks earlier. A third win for the Blue Meanies and a fifth loss for The Mean Green occured in an uninteresting match in which one of the parks was ironically (intentionally) called Rushville, and the other park was named after an Eminem Song - White America. Again, due to how the team performances were determined, The Blue Meanies (3-4) would not be participating in the play-offs despite having a better record than The Mean Green (2-5). Still, the recovery The Blue Meanies made from barely being functional at all at the start could be a considered a positive ending for the team.

The second match was one of the best matches of the entire season. RRP and Roomie, an unlikely pairing, created Indiana Ridge that mostly showcased Roomie's hacking skills with an Indiana Jones theme adventure ride. It was nice for the Sea Serpents to get a park in again after their string of misfortunates. Ablaze, an up and coming parkmaker, however beat them by a large margin with his solo park Livewires, themed to electricity, with a good amount of trackitecture and original colour schemes. This meant that The Icons could add a fifth win under their belt.

In the North Division, the Sea Serpents led with 4 wins against 3 losses (of which two were forfeits). The Mean Green and the Soutenours both had an awful record of 2-5, but based on performance in the overall contest the Mean Green ranked slightly higher. In the South Division, The Pufferfish and the Icons were tied with 5-2 each. The Blue Meanies, despite their 3-4 record, were eliminated alongside the Soutenours. At some point in NE's history, either intentionally or by accident, the H2H2 team forums were combined into one and made publicly accessible. A lot of posts are from the Soutenours and the Blue Meanies, giving an impression of some of the chaos that went on behind the scenes.

Indiana Ridge by The Sea Serpents
    Livewires by The Icons

After Week 10 was released in late August/early September, the deadline for the play-offs was set in mid-October. On the 14th, the South Division teams met to battle for a place in the final. The Icons had Corkscrewed whip up The Myttica Resort, a gigantic hotel building with swimming pool complex and a few rides on the side. It was incomparable to RCT2 parks seen earlier during the season, with much more extensive and confident use of custom scenery. The Pufferfish' entry saw RCT2-pioneer Toon return to LL, together with posix. Spirits Bay was a quaint but by no means simplistic map uniquely themed to native American culture, with a wooden coaster that was deemed the best wooden coaster of the contest in the H2H2 awards. To the disbelief of some, the Icons won. The Myttica Resort was the last RCT2 park of the contest, as for the rest the teams returned to what they knew best. LL, and in the Sea Serpents' case, forfeiting. It appeared that their submission of a park in Week 10 was an anomaly rather than a recovery. The Mean Green were ready for a big match though, as Fatha' and natelox delivered a beautiful map in the form of Sicily, which sadly flew a bit under the radar at the time, though it got its recognition at the H2H2 awards when it got 3rd place in park of the season.

Spirits Bay by the Pufferfish
    Sicily by The Mean Green

The Grand Final between The Icons and the unlikely finalists Mean Green consisted of a best of three format. The Icons won both these matches, but they were hard fought as both teams brought their A-game. On November 12th, the first match dropped. Mantis and Ablaze made Atomkraftwerk, a science-fiction map with lava water and references to chemistry and things like that, as well as a spectacular suspended coaster with original hacking and an impressive looking steep drop over a lava waterfall. After already having had a large role in The Mean Green's semis park, Fatha whipped up another solo for the final in Miami 2040, a futuristic urban park that had weaker ride design than Atomkraftwerk, but generally better theming. Despite this, the Icons won this first match. The match was later elected as best match of the season.

The second match had two maps that both featured cleverly designed adventure rides. The Mean Green submitted Kauri Cliffs, by Butterfinger and Themeparkmaster. The main ride, underwhelmingly called Cliff-Diver, is a mine train exploring a settlement, narrowly avoiding a train, dangling and reversing over the top of the clff, and evading a rock slide. The map also features a stand-up inverted coaster. Coaster Ed, however, completed his trilogy of insanely high quality RCT with BLOOD Island Adventure, with a giant adventure ride mine train that made Cliff-Diver looks like child's play, securing the Most Valuable Player award in the eventual H2H2 awards. It wasn't for everyone and Kauri Cliffs managed to get about a third of the votes, but their fate was sealed, and the Icons gained their second win, securing the championship without need for a third match. The match thread filled itself with some Mean Green infighting as well as hyping up of the already announced H2H3. The final event were the H2H2 awards, in which Toon and Coaster Ed swept up most of the awards.

Miami 2040 by The Mean Green
    BLOOD Island Adventure by The Icons

Coaster Ed write:
    [...] They also lacked anyone particularly skilled at building in RCT2 though this only became a weakness for them in retrospect. [...] Every RCT2 park lost and lost badly. They were all made in the early weeks of the season though before RCT2 parkmaking had matured into what it is today. [...] The trouble was, they didn't submit their best work early in the season when winning was easier and then in the later weeks when they did produce strong parks, they lost close matchups. RCT2 did not work out well for them at all with their best parkmakers being much more experienced in LL. The best teams had players skilled at both games and that was what worked against the Soutenours in the end.

One last takeaway from H2H2 is H2H-culture coming into its own. One aspect of the modern H2H experience is lengthy write-ups and statistical analyses to go alongside with the actual RCT. Looking at H2H2, Coaster Ed may be the grandfather of this experience, occasionally posting overviews of matches that gave more clarity than iris had to offer, and writing a detailed report for every team afterwards, with speculation on why each team failed or succeeded. These are good reads for those who want to continue this deep dive into ancient NE history.

Soutenours

Blue Meanies

Sea Serpents

Pufferfish

Mean Green

Icons

H2H3

The History of H2H

H2H2 H2H3
    H2H4

iris wrote:
    Yes, I know we're still in the middle of the H2H2 season, and we still have playoffs to go...and we still have Park Wars Season 2 before H2H3 starts [...]

Less is more is an often heard mantra on NE, but there were times when the site was run with the more is more mindset. When H2H2 was announced, iris first introduced the Blockbuster Challenge and the NextElement contest, and when H2H2 finally actually happened it didn't take long before the NE Invitational and Hi-Rollers were introduced. It was during the latter stages of H2H2, in August 2003, that iris first announced its sequel and opened sign-ups. However, in October, the Pro Tour took priority. In short, it was a mess.

jon wrote:
    It's probably been mentioned before but as I cna't be bothered to look through 13 pages I ask When will this thing start?

In March 2004, sign-ups were held again because too much time had passed and the people who signed up were already retiring from the site. It actually led to a draft, in which teams such as Children Of The War Hammer (captain Micool), The Happy Platypuses (captain Butterfinger)  and The Maloys (captain artist) existed, and the Icons were called the Eyekons. Team rosters, schedules, rules, and even a trash talk topic with thirteen pages of nothing were started. But again, too much time passed before anything could actually happen. It was all talk and no play. A new RCT game was on the horizon again as well, but this time it was clear there would be no room for RCT3 in H2H3. It took until November before iris had a wake-up call, and it took only four days for H2H3 to go from the idea to perhaps redo the sign-ups to drafting new teams. As slow as the buildup was, as swift was the actual start, and the new teams were announced on November 5th.

JKay wrote:
    Richie got tossed around more than a bad case of herpes.... :lol:
    Kumba wrote:
    I count 7 times Richie has been traded since last draft, hell he was on 3 teams yesterday alone :p

Trades continued for a little while after the draft. Trades have become a much more rare thing in the later H2H seasons, but in this era captains traded intensively, to the point that it was hard to keep track of and sometimes drafted players barely knew what team they were on.

sircursealot wrote:
    Iris has a very solid lineup, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what Team TPM brings to the table. That roster sounds impressive.

One of the captains and team names that survived the whole ordeal was Kumba with his Hurricanes - a first sign of the longevity the team would have. Rookie Chapelz led The Vehemences, and Themeparkmaster was in charge of a unique LL-only team with a name that is so absurd it becomes kind of funny: The MoLLesters. These three teams made up the North Division, while the South Division consisted of Iris returning as non-playing captain with the IIIcons, posix piloting The Flying Germans, and gymkid_dude introducing another questionable team name with The Seal Clubbers. With LL still being a potent force on NE, the MoLLesters looked powerful in both roster and strategy. Iris, with his predictable focus on big names, also gathered an impressive selection of parkmakers. Chapelz got his hands on the uncontested H2H2 MVP, Coaster Ed, however. X-sector, natelox, Corkscrewed, Toon and Phatage were the other Round 1 picks, of which the latter two ended up on the Icons through trading. However, disaster struck when iris decided to take a break from NE right before the Week 1 deadline, and Toon dropping out as well. The Icons were short a captain and a player, but Evil WME was flown in to fulfil both roles. Corkscrewed took over as the manager of the contest. With iris dropping out, the H2H3 Icons had no more overlap with the H2H2, however they were still considered defending champions.

The MoLLesters

Captain: Themeparkmaster

The Hurricanes

Captain: Kumba

The Vehemences

Captain: chapelz

natelox
    Gutterflower
    Twisted
    Micool
    Loopy
    thorpedo
    spiderman
    MightyMouse
    rctfreak2000
    Panic
    Corkscrewed
    sloB
    Jacko Shanty
    Kumba
    Richie
    Aeroglobe
    Drew
    RCTNW
    hobbes
    OhioCoasteRFreaK36
    Coaster Ed
    Adonis
    Junya Boy
    Steve
    chapelz
    Hevydevy
    gir
    yyo
    Ska Man
    Phantom Raider

IIIcons

Captain: Evil WME

Flying Germans

Captain: posix

The Seal Clubbers

Captain: gymkid dudes

Evil WME
    Phatage
    DarkJanus
    Metropole
    Blitz
    Magnus
    Rct Flame
    Outlaw
    Red_Ant_Skittles
    Anolis
    x-sector
    ride6
    X250
    leighx
    Splash-O
    Mindbender5
    disneylandian192
    jon
    Valp
    rctfan1556
    John
    Titan
    Turtle
    Gymkid Dude
    JKay
    supertrooper
    Hopeless Host
    super rich
    Raven-SDI
    Old Red

With Corkscrewed now in charge, H2H3 would be more professional than its precedessors. This was evident in the schedule. Though still somewhat fluid, most rounds (still called 'weeks') quickly fell into a rhythm of being spaced ten days apart, with matches posted rapidly after each deadline. Week 1 (December 8th) was posted in the wake of the Icons roster changes, preceded by a lengthy announcement from Corkscrewed. The early H2H3 rounds were bookended by equally lengthy Ride6 reviews, somewhat making up for the lack of Coaster Ed writings this season.

posix wrote:
    come on guys, do you want true originality or randomness?
    Micool wrote:
    come on guys, do you want a high-quality park or a failed piece of dogshit?

H2H3 kicked off with the Hurricanes versus the Vehemences. The former submitted a modern RCT2 park, but with a classically H2H-proven concept: an adventure ride with timed events and explosions, here themed to a prison escape. Escape from Rockwood Prison, led by overall #6 pick Corkscrewed, comfortably beat Orange County, which looked nice but was rather repetitive and hollow. Perhaps inspired by the strange Othello win in H2H2, the Flying Germans cooked up a board game inspired map called Monopoly Tycoon. Better than Othello did it make use of the board game theme, having some pretty good ideas and theming props. Contrary to what the name suggests did it fail to gain a majority of the votes, losing to Kihme Research Facility by Twisted and Micool from the MoLLesters - the first of many LL versus RCT2 matches to come. The third match between the Icons and the Seal Clubbers ended in a Seal Clubbers win. The Icons submitted a Metropole-led Kierikkengord Castle, but it was no match for the John solo that did not try to be clever, new or surprising, which simply attempted to make something beautiful - and that it did.

On New Year's Day 2005, Week 2 started. The Flying Germans received a win against an unfinished Icons entry, thanks to promising newcomers X250 and leighx and their creation Xenon. More interesting was the match between the MoLLesters and the Hurricanes. The former submitted Symphony of Pollution, a disonnant and technical LL park themed to urban issues. Sierra Glen, by sloB and Drew, was the complete antithesis to this, harmonious and grounded, centred around a flowing Arrow suspended layout. The community could not determine which park was better, and six pages of discussion and insults accumulated. The idea of a tie emerged as well, gained support, was voted on by captains and eventually confirmed by Corkscrewed. After a record breaking 110 votes, exactly split down the middle, the first and only official H2H tie became a fact. The match may not have gone this way if held later. Sierra Glen would sustain popularity, while Symphony of Pollution has faded into obscurity somewhat.

The Vehemences performed poorly in Week 1, but now they submitted a strong park and it looked like they secured the win pretty much right away - the park the Seal Clubbers submitted, Strange Happenings in Time ('SHIT'), was among the worst ever in H2H. Nothing stood between the Vehemences and a victory, except for the Vehemences. Accidental sabotage occured, as a sign placed by yyo broke the anonimity rule, leading to the park being disqualified. This was controversial because anonimity was often broken in the comments of a match, which was never a problem before. For once, a somewhat civilized or at least constructive discussion occured. Strange happenings in time indeed. Cork went ahead with disqualifying the park, but also promised to enforce the anonimity rule much more strictly. It was a great example of how most H2H drama is the result of rule breaking, which is still true today. Take note and observe the rules. The Week 2 review by Ride6 was met with discussion on both spelling errors and the classification of RCT styles, a typical NE hobby that is still popular today.

The H2H3 standings after Week 2 were as follows.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    North Division
    MoLLesters W D                
    Hurricanes W D                
    Vehemences L L                
    South Division
    IIIcons L L                
    Flying Germans L W                
    Seal Clubbers W W                

Venetia Harbour by the Seal Clubbers
    Merlinwood by the Vehemences
    Symphony of Pollution by the MoLLesters
    Sierra Glen by the Hurricanes

In Week 3 (January 10th) the Hurricanes maintained their undefeated status with Paradise Island beating The Cave by the Seal Clubber's. The Cave is a great example of a 'what if'. Old Red was known for his grand and memorable landscapes. The Cave could've lived up to that, but sadly it was just very unfinished. Some of the good ideas were in place and it managed to receive almost half the votes, impressive for a park in this state, but in the end it didn't matter for the outcome of the match. It must be noted that The Cave would be remembered for its innovative land block used throughout the season, so Old Red still created a legacy here. The Vehemences struck back after their Week 2 fiasco, as their park Rainbow Valley beat the Flying Germans' Area 51; a park that looked better up close than zoomed out, but eventually didn't offer quite enough.

Week 4 (January 20th) only featured one match. The Icons were seeking their first win, and they got it, delivering the first blow to the MoLLesters. Their park, God's Isle, is possibly one of the lowest density parks ever in H2H. Sparse as it is, it had moments of beauty and an interesting wooden coaster by WME. Against the tranquility of God's Isle stood Loopy and rctfreak200's Hanson, which was celebrated for it's creativity and colour use.

Week 5 (January 30th) saw all teams submit a park. The Hurricanes extended their undefeated streak with one more win. Brilliantly they played into NE culture with its characters and egos, creating a love letter and satire of NE and its culture in Parkmakers!. It was created by Kumba and Six Frags. Iris occupied a fiery throne from hell, Micool was mocked for his randomly scattered scenery objects, and one section of the park was dedicated to players who were simply old people. Perhaps they forgot to make a cohesive park, but the park was surprising and held people's attention, so it was well received. The Icons could do little to avoid a loss here, though their park Mysterious Forests indeed did little, showing none of the talent that Cedarpoint6 would later be known for. The Flying Germans attempted to recover from their Week 4 loss, and they had a nice idea of adapting Star Wars Episode VI's ending with the (spoiler alert) explosion of the Death Star. Other than a few nicely done space ship sculptures, the park didn't have all that much to offer, and it lost against Rapper's Delite from the Seal Clubbers, mainly made by an easily recognizable JKay, who hadn't been with the site long, but had already accumulated a few accolades. In the third match, the MoLLesters reliably submitted a solid LL park against the Vehemences' Malaria. Both parks got a positive but lukewarm reception, and the MoLLesters took the win.

God's Isle by the Icons
    Parkmakerz by the Hurricanes
    Space Lake River Shrine by the MoLLesters
    Rapper's Delite by the Seal Clubbers

Corkscrewed wrote:
    It's been a pretty awesome first half, but the second half promises to be even better. Big guns like CoasterEd, Natelox, and X-Sector, haven't gone yet.
    Steve wrote:
    You're making this season so enjoyable, Corkscrewed. I loved that. I hope to see more H2H reviews. Not just from you, but maybe others as well.

The weekly recaps had disappeared at this point, but as we reached the halfway point of the contest, Corkscrewed made up for it with an extensive recap. The season had been good so far. There was definitely a noticable amount of weak parks, but with H2H2 in mind, the alternative would be forfeits. H2H was functioning pretty well, and improving.

After Week 5, the Hurricanes only needed one more win to clinch a play-offs spot. Perhaps they would do it in Week 6 (February 10th), when they faced the Flying Germans. La Barrance Roja Grande by Drew and hobbes was a pretty good looking canyon set park with a wooden coaster. Opposite the Canes was Cliffs of Utopia by (replacement) Splash-O and Valp, a pretty good looking canyon set park with a wooden coaster. Whereas La Barranca had mainly full tile scaled architecture, Cliffs of Utopia made full use of quarter tile scenery, stacked them against the cliffs for a unique whimsical look. The Flying Germans also needed a win, but a win for survival - though they were tied with the Icons who had an equally bad season so far. Eventually, it was the Flying Germans who won this round with probably their best park so far, and the Hurricanes had to wait for the safety of the play-offs a little longer.

The H2H3 standings after Week 6 were as follows.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    North Division
    MoLLesters W D   L W          
    Hurricanes W D W   W L        
    Vehemences L L W   L          
    South Division
    IIIcons L L   W L          
    Flying Germans L W L   L W        
    Seal Clubbers W W L   W          

The Vehemences were trailing behind in the Noth Division, but the MoLLesters were still in reach with only one more win. As long as there were matches to go and the MoLLesters would lose, they would stay in the game. The MoLLesters sent out their main guy natelox (with Panic) in Week 7 (February 21st), with a desert excavation themed map - a nice break from all the research facilities and science fiction cities. The Seal Clubbers also brought forth one of their best players in Titan, who teamed up with supertrooper to create a quaint realistic park called Redwood Downs. Neither park was as impressive as hoped, and had signs of unfinishedness (such as the missing horse race in Redwood Downs) based on the names attached, though both parks were still good. Through the power of the triple dueling Schwarzkopf coaster, the Seal Clubbers won and had one foot in the play-offs.

JKay wrote:
    I mean, the fact that the entire fucking park is virtually all quarter tile is just stunningly amazing, but also combined with building at staggering heights takes this park to a whole new level of parkmaking.
    Panic wrote:
    The Vehemences' park on the other hand is IMO one of the greatest tricks ever pulled off in RCT. They made an LL park look like RCT2 with rapids track and stuff, and did it well. I am glad to see that it fooled people at first because it confirms that it was a triumph of LL, and not a failed attempt. [...] Saying "hey now, this old game's still got some fire left in it. There are still many new doors to be opened."

With the MoLLesters losing, a real opportunity emerged for the Vehemences against the poorly performing Icons. And conveniently, overall #1 pick was scheduled to go this week. Coaster Ed continued where he left off with his amazing H2H2 run, creating Cajamarca 1532, themed to the Spanish conquest of the Americas. Featuring novel architecture, intricately hacked rides, clever theming ideas, all historically researched it was no doubt one of the best H2H parks ever made. It would take a lot for Cajamarca to be defeated. Cue Blitz and DarkJanus cooking up Ghost Cell Crisis, a park that has never seen its like. Floating islands in the void, more vertical than ever before, making use of and introducing new objects. The contest was in a bit of a lull looking at the engagement, but this clash of masterpieces invoked six pages of discourse. Perhaps because it was the flashier park, Ghost Cell Crisis won by a late surge in votes. However, calling it 'flashy' is a disservice to the careful thought that Blitz and DarkJanus put into the park. The match is still one of the best H2H matches of all time, definitely in the classic genre of LL vs RCT2, considering the debate that followed the match outcome. All in all: an ominous loss for the Vehemences, and an important win for the Icons.

Cliffs of Utopia by the Flying Germans

La Barrance Roja Grande by the Hurricanes

Ghost Cell Crisis by the Icons
    Cajamarca 1532 by the Vehemences

Corkscrewed wrote:
    H2H has a way of being funny. Sometimes, you get two amazing parks against each other. And sometimes you get two bad ones. And sometimes, you get two entries that are the same thing... but don't go against each other.
    Panic wrote:
    The Vehemences' park on the other hand is IMO one of the greatest tricks ever pulled off in RCT. They made an LL park look like RCT2 with rapids track and stuff, and did it well. I am glad to see that it fooled people at first because it confirms that it was a triumph of LL, and not a failed attempt. [...] Saying "hey now, this old game's still got some fire left in it. There are still many new doors to be opened."

Completely unexpected things occured in Week 8 (March 6th). For starters, the MoLLesters submitted an RCT2 park, built entirely by Roomie, representing a giant bedroom. The Hurricanes had already qualified for the play-offs, and the lack of urgency showed as their park by Jacko Shanty and RCTNW was unfinished, and aptly titled 'Another Bullshit Night in Suck City'. This name which was more civilized than the post-match rant by Jacko after he Hurricanes had been accused of intentionally throwing the match, the final nail in the coffin for the Vehemences. Like the Hurricanes, the Seal Clubbers could afford to lose their Week 8 match. In fact, they did by forfeiting, gifting a win to the Icons, who also made a giant bedroom in what is probably the biggest H2H coincidence ever. When you mention a 'bedroom park incident' even twenty years later, the average NE member will know what you're talking about.

Bedroom 101 by the MoLLesters
    Life is a Roller Coaster by the Icons

Other than the Flying Germans versus Icons match in Week 10, there was little left to play for in the last two weeks, and it showed as most parks were unfinished and/or low quality. The Flying Germans caught up to the Icons' 3-3 record in Week 9 (March 16th) because of a Seal Clubbers disqualification, a waste of Turtle's first H2H appearance. La Puerta del Atlantia had a nice coaster and some signs of good theming, but also lots of unfinishedness, and most of all, the parkmakers in the park name.

Coaster Ed wrote:
    In any case, I appreciate your sense of adventure (park builders) but following a park called "Another Bullshit Night in Suck City" with one featuring a butt mountain in the middle and feces shops, well I'm glad you guys are having a good time and all, but it doesn't speak too highly of your team's maturity.
    Kumba wrote:
    Ok I guess you 2 have a point. Its not like we are all playing a game ment for little kids, so we should really act our age'. :rolleyes:
    chapelz wrote:
    I don't know about you Kumba but my RCT2 box says E for Everyone(except for kids under 10 mentally or physically) on it.
    Steve wrote:
    I can take humor in RCT to a certain level, but I kind of draw the line at putting a giant ass on a mountain.

The other match between the Vehemences and the Hurricanes featured a very promising but unfinished realistic Disney park called 'The Boardwalk', featuring Steve, and a less promising and also unfinished park called 'Smelland', themed to smells. Could've been good, but... it wasn't. Somehow the match managed to be really close, though barely anyone dared to show support for Smelland in the comments. The Vehemences won, and Steve vouched to finish The Boardwalk in the future. We're still waiting. Until he does, its legacy will be that it defeated a park themed to farts.

The Vehemences ended their season with another hollow victory in Week 10 (March 27th) , as their unfinished Aquatica by Coaster Ed won against the MoLLesters' Blossom Springs in the only all-LL match of the season. Aquatica ended Ed's 10/10 H2H streak, but the signs of brilliance were still there. Blossom Springs was a pretty weak park reminiscent of LL work created around the times of H2H1 and 2. Week 10 really revolved around the other match though, the only one to still count, and the only match to feature two finished parks.

Captain Evil WME, together with top dog Phatage, made Outpost Prehistorica. Pretty original looking dinosaur themed park, featuring a unique set of duelers, it was a worthy opponent to Disastrous Paradise by the Flying Germans, who had also saved their most deadly weapon until now: x-sector in RCT2. Their park was a beautiful looking cliffside settlement hit by several disasters, from giant tsunamis to exploding oil rigs and volcanic eruptions. It lacked in the rides department, despite a spectacular splash boats ride, but it made up for it with its detailed architecture and good theming ideas. The Flying Germans won, securing a play-offs spot, eliminating the title defending Icons (debatable fact), and even claiming the top position in the South Division.

The H2H3 standings after Week 10 were as follows.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    North Division
    MoLLesters W D   L W   L W   L
    Hurricanes W D W   W L   L L  
    Vehemences L L W   L   L   W W
    South Division
    IIIcons L L   W L   W W   L
    Flying Germans L W L   L W     W W
    Seal Clubbers W W L   W   W L L  

The Boardwalk by the Vehemences
    Smelland by the Hurricanes
    Outpost Prehistorica by the Icons
    Disastrous Paradise by the Flying Germans

The final four went head to head in the play-offs (April 11th). With x-sector being the only star player on the Flying Germans, and being ineligible for the play-offs park having gone in Week 10, most people expected the Seal Clubbers to win the South Division play-off. As a whole the team seemed to be on the upswing, though. They were facing the Seal Clubbers, who had a strong roster but were running into some tough luck towards the end of Round Robin. 

Junya Boy wrote:
    The problem with these parks is that they are quite literally "overdone" to a point where some people get bored really, really, really.... fast. I've grown tired of the whole, done up, quarter tile bullshit that seems to appear in every minipark around now, even in most whole parks for that matter. Its just sad to see how people think its good to try to fit fifty pieces of scenery on the same tile. It doesnt look good, it looks crappy. And im pretty sure a few others agree with me on this.
    Midnight_Aurora wrote:
    This H2H season has turned into the bitch fest from hell. We've had people saying that a vote shouldn't count because the voter didn't post their reasoning, people bitching that people shouldn't choose according to their own preferences, and people totalling votes to make sure nobody is cheating.

Wow. Just wow. I'm really tempted to vote for the Germans just because they bitch less....

It was up to Titan and JKay to fight on behalf of the Seal Clubbers; their styles fused well and were catered to making the most of the possibilities of the latest RCT2 custom objects. Unexpectedly, their Artesian Well Waterworks was a very colourful fantasy park. So was the Flying Germans' park though, Eternal Springs City, built entirely by Ride6. The parks were generally well liked, but also divisive. Some people found the parks predictable and superficial. Surviving Artesian Well Waterworks, rumors of poll manipulation and general bitching about the validity of votes, the Flying Germans initially pulled ahead of the Seal Clubbers, but the Seal Clubbers almost caught up and the poll was kept open for a few more days. The Germans eventually got the win.

The North division play-off was held between the MoLLesters and the Hurricanes. This match would see the last proper natelox work ever released in the Tissot Archipelago, which he built together with Roomie - an unlikely duo. The natelox architecture was a little predictable, but simultaneously very good and detailed. Roomie was responsible for a big pink hacked coaster, that sadly didn't work well because Roomie ran out of time to complete the hack. Five years later, Roomie would revisit the map and replace the pink coaster with a more traditional wooden coaster. The Hurricanes created Aviara Cove - Kumba and Corkscrewed did, to be precise. It was another RCT2 park with detailed architecture draped over steep cliff sides, but Aviara Cove was definitely one of the better attempts in the genre, and even the park's critics could often not deny that it was really well made, and it could not be denied the win despite Kumba's cocky attitude potentially deterring them from voting as such. The Hurricanes won indeed.

Eternal Springs City by Ride6
    Aviara Cove by the Hurricanes

Phatage wrote:
    I guess this has become my advertisment thread. X, you really have made some great caliber stuff, but there's better parkmakers to rip off of. You even stole my elephant.
    Coaster Ed wrote:
    Sounds to me like we're into the 'post-modern' stage of parkmaking where just about everything borrows from what came before in one way or another.

The finals once again followed a best of three format, with the first deadline being in two weeks already. X-sector of course made his finals appearance for the Flying Germans, with Splash-O. The Faraway Tree, a fantastical park on a steep cliff with castles in the clouds built on a second level above. It obviously borrowed from a few other parks conceptually, most notably Ghost Cell Crisis and its verticality, but it seemed to do more than borrowing in the eyes of some. Amidst broader originality debates, encompassing this match as well as the past few matches, some similarities to Phatage's design Fright Nights were a bit too suspicious. The Hurricanes created something a little more grounded in Götheburg, a sloB solo park with dueling floorless coasters inspired by Dueling Dragons in Islands of Adventure, and a slight medieval German theme to it. Rather than trying to do anything new, it just tried to do something familiar really well. It was another really close vote, which drove up the vote count again, and again there were reasons to assume foul play. At some point the score was an amazing 51-51, and the match was concluded after the next vote, in favour of the Flying Germans. The topic was locked with discussion ensuing elsewhere. SloB lost the match, but gained the nickname Mr. Cursed.

Turtle wrote:
    I voted for the Hurricanes. It looked as if a lot more thought went into it, and in my opinion, it nearly pulled off what it was trying to do. The German's park was nowhere near what it wanted to be.
    Tech Artist wrote:
    Damn, wtf?! Everytime I come to this page it is either tied or one of the teams is ahead by 1 and then it goes back to being tied. This is definetly the closest H2H battle ever, that I can remember.
    artist wrote:
    Well i think it has been fishy since the first finals, but whatever, i suppose this is what it's about, one team leads then a draw, then the other team leads and then a draw for like 7 fucking days, oh well, im looking forward to see who wins.

The second match (May 6th) followed a similar pattern of the voting being incredibly close, with the two parks never being more than a vote apart. Kumba and Jacko Shanty built The Day After Tomorrowland, a science fiction park with a giant robot building, strange hacks, and possibly the most offensive colour scheme known to man - it was later nominated for worst chemistry and the good idea/bad result awards category in the H2H3 awards. Some considered it 'overhacked'. The Pyramid Connection, by Ride6 and leighx, was on the other hand considered too safe. As colourful as Jacko's parkmaking was, so were his comments. His essay on why The Pyramid Connection sucked is a great read, and a direct hit at this style of traditional parkmaking in general. Over the course of the six pages of comments, the discourse turned from discussing the (less impressive) parks to discussing the peculiar poll dynamics. Drastic measures were taken after a few days, when the standings were 49-50. A 24-hour poll was announced. New topic, vote through filling out a form in the comments only. Amazingly, the match outcome was pretty much similar. The Flying Germans received 31 votes; the Hurricanes 30. This meant that the Flying Germans were the new H2H champions, and posix the second H2H-winning captain!

The Faraway Tree by the Flying Germans
    Götheburg by the Hurricanes
    The Pyramid Connection by the Flying Germans
    The Day After Tomorrowland by the Hurricanes

As usual, awards were held to reflect on the season as a whole. There were great plans for the live chat ceremony, starting off with a trivia quiz. However, iris did not like the size of the crowd and started postponing the ceremony. When the audience shrunk even further, it turned out the site was down. The ceremony was put off after about two hours. The winners were eventually posted on the forum. Unsurprisingly, Ghost Cell Crisis and Cajamarca 1532 was chosen as best match-up, with both parks and their creators sweeping up a large share of the awards. On the side of the runner-up team The Hurricanes, Corkscrewed winning Most Valuable Player and sloB being Rookie of the Year and creating the Best Steel Coaster were nice consolidation prizes.

Park of the Year
    LL Park of the Year
    Best Match-Up
    Best Losing Park
    Worst Winning Park
    Worst Park of the Year
    Good Idea/Bad Results

Best Steel Coaster
    Best Wood Coaster
    Best Non-Coaster

Best Chemistry
    Worst Chemistry
    Most Valuable Parkmaker
    Sleeper of the Year
    Rookie of the Year
    Most Disappointing
    Best Captain
    Biggest News Item
    Ghost Cell Crisis by Blitz and DarkJanus
    Cajamarca 1532 by Coaster Ed and tracidEdge
    Ghost Cell Crisis versus Cajamarca 1532
    Cajamarca 1532 by Coaster Ed and tracidEdge
    Strange Happenings in Time by Raven-SDI and super rich
    Strange Happenings in Time by Raven-SDI and super rich
    The Cave by Old Red and gymkid dude

Das Duell in Götheburg by sloB
    Caesus in God's Isle by Evil WME
    Apocalypse Plunge in Aviara Cove by Corkscrewed
    Blitz and DarkJanus on Ghost Cell Crisis

Kumba and Jacko Shanty on The Day After Tomorrowland
    Corkscrewed
    Splash-O
    sloB
    Jacko Shanty
    posix
    iris and Toon leave

H2H3 has been an interesting contination of H2H2's story of the emancipation of RCT2. Back in 2003, LL was the established game and meta, and RCT2 parks had to fight and go against the grain to receive wide acknowledgement. The situation was reversed during H2H3, with RCT2 rapidly developing and being the dominant game, but with a significant chunk of the spectators clinging to the LL days. This was one reason why the comments were still full of people butting with foul language. At the same time, the community was also showing growth in that department. If you compare the comments on an early Week match with the comments on the later matches, the word count per post had increased significantly. People were still butting heads, but more and more were people taking the time to support their insults with arguments and lengthy reviews. The process of maturing was undermined by constant controversies though - NE still had a long way to go. As pointed out earlier the contest and the site were getting more professional too. To save server space, a lot of the H2H content was hosted externally on Corkscrewed's website with a beautiful presentation, which went live as H2H3 ended.

The third finals match was canceled, but with the parkmakers who were scheduled to go still willing to finish their parks. Over two months later than the actual deadline did we indeed get a bonus match. Calatravas by sloB and (mostly) Corkscrewed was a finals worthy park, and finally a finals match could be decided through a convincing majority vote rather than a fishy tie. X250 was scheduled to build with x-sector for the Flying Germans, but due to unavailability X250 pretty much built Voodoo Loas solo - a very impressive feat. And thus H2H3 ended on a positive note.

Calatravas by Corkscrewed and slob
    Voodoo Loas by X250 and x-sector
  • Poke%s's Photo

Watkin Woods Amusement Park just got a score of 86.88%.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Scored:

LL

Spotlight - Fatha' - Busch Gardens San Simeon (92.50%)
    - - - - -
    Spotlight - natelox - Disney's Forgotten Kingdom (88.75%)
    Spotlight - mantis - Walkman of My Brain (87.50%)
    Spotlight - Fatha' - Disney's Movie Magic (87.50%)
    Spotlight - x-sector, mantis & Toon - City of Dreams (86.25%)
    Spotlight - RRP - Sea World Atlanta (86.25%)
    Spotlight - Schuessler - Islands of Adventure Hollywood (84.38%)
    Spotlight - natelox - The Aegean (83.75%)
    Spotlight - Twisted - Baiht Oashyr Vel Thalloo (83.75%)
    Spotlight - RRP - Busch Gardens Lichfield (83.75%)
    Spotlight - natelox - Disney's Discovery Island (83.64%)
    Spotlight - x-sector - Universal's Outrage (83.13%)
    Spotlight - Nevis - Universal's Island Xtreme (82.50%)
    Spotlight - Ozone - DreamWorks Great Australia (82.50%)
    Spotlight - Fatha' - Tropico Horizons (82.50%)
    Spotlight - Fatha' - Tropico Cove (81.88%)
    Spotlight - Mala - Mount Sinister (81.11%)
    Invitational - mantis - Age of Empires (81.11%)
    Spotlight - Coaster Ed - egypTopia (80.63%)
    Spotlight - Nevis - Atlantis: The Lost Empire (80.63%)
    Spotlight - x-sector & posix - Audrix Towers (80.63%)
    NE Group Park - NE's Masters Isle (80.63%)
    Spotlight - bokti - Harakiri's Islands of Adventure (80.00%)
    - - - - -
    Spotlight - PyroPenguin - Disney Dreams (78.13%)
    Spotlight - Foozycoaster - Visions Amusement Park (78.13%)
    Spotlight - Butterfinger - Universal's Caribbean Seas Resort (78.13%)
    Spotlight - Iris - Troy's Ancient Resort (78.13%)
    Spotlight - x-sector - California DisneySea (77.22%)
    Invitational - Evil WME - Candlelight Times (77.50%)
    Spotlight - PyroPenguin - Aurora's Bay (77.50%)
    Gold - x-sector - Disney Extreme Orlando (77.50%)
    Spotlight - Coaster Ed & Blind Guardian - Cataclysm (76.88%)
    Spotlight - vTd - Florida DisneySea (76.88%)
    Spotlight - posix - Raindrop Riviera (76.67%)
    Spotlight - aero21 - Cinescape East (76.25%)
    Spotlight - natelox - Disney's Beautiful World (76.25%)
    Design - Phatage - Fire Dragon (75.77%)
    Silver - posix - Kronecraft's Allure Lake (75.63%)
    Spotlight - Roomie - Snow Drop (75.63%)
    Gold - aero21 - Disneyland Mid-America (75.00%)
    Spotlight - Corkscrewed - Meadowbrooke Falls Thrill Park (75.00%)
    Design - jusmith - Monsoon (74.38%)
    Design - posix - Nagas (74.38%)
    Spotlight - Roomie - Arnos Springs Resort (74.38%)
    Gold - Ablaze - Vales of Crypt (74.09%)
    Design - posix - Machete (73.75%)
    Design - Loopy - Bodhisattva (73.75%)
    Spotlight - natelox - Land of the Villain (73.75%)
    Spotlight - Evil WME - Lost Era Resort (73.75%)
    Gold - Benni - Coral Creek Adventure World (73.13%)
    Design - mantis - =WildSurf= (73.13%)
    Design - Loopy - Phoenix (72.50%)
    Gold - Evil WME - Glyphindel Oasis Dunes (72.50%)
    Silver - posix & Sanctuary - Atlas Infinitum (71.25%)
    Silver - Ablaze - Portal of Heaven (70.83%)
    Design - posix - Vulture (70.63%)
    Gold - Prince - EverQuest: Waters of the Past (70.63%)
    Gold - Toon - Stratford Fair (70.63%)
    Gold/NE Group Park - Group Park - Amity Cove (70.00%)
    Design - posix - Dragonslayer (70.00%)
    - - - - -
    Gold - Ozone - Warner Bros. Hawaiian Adventure (69.38%)
    Design - Nevis - Kraken (68.75%)
    Design - Nevis - SpitFire (68.75%)
    Silver - Ozone - Forest of Nautica (68.75%)
    Silver - CoasterWizard - Banana Republic (68.13%)
    Silver - Tony - Tambora Lagoon Resort (68.13%)
    Silver - Tony - Foreign Legacies (67.50%)
    Silver - Prince - EverQuest: Mystic Realms (67.50%)
    Spotlight - Panther - Elsinore Falls Theme Park (67.50%)
    Silver - Ozone - Illusion Isle (66.88%)
    Design - RRP - Great American Screamer (66.88%)
    Design - HevyDevy - Composed (65.63%)
    Silver - Evil WME - Universal's Tampa: Master's Legend (65.63%)
    Silver - Ozone, Aviator & Ablaze - Mystilogica (65.00%)
    Silver - Themeparkmaster - The Burning Secret (65.00%)
    Silver - RCTU - Secrets of Venice (65.00%)
    Silver - Andrew - Chronicles (65.00%)
    Silver - thorpedo - Tulesian Islands (65.00%)
    Silver - Twisted - Wasted Years (65.00%)
    Silver - Evil WME - Universal's Lost World (64.45%)
    Silver - Roomie - Insania (64.38%)
    Design - bokti - Spider-Man (64.38%)
    Silver - Butterfinger - The Outer Banks (63.75%)
    Silver - Fatha' - Ancient Pastimes II (63.75%)
    Design - Gwazi - Pharaoh (63.13%)
    Gold - darkfire - Greendale (62.50%)
    Silver - coasterMM - Zanzibar Shores (62.50%)
    Silver - mantis & Nic - Europa Worldwide 2005 (62.50%)
    Silver - Aviator - The Northern Territories (61.88%)
    Silver - Roomie - Ville des Fleuves (61.88%)
    Silver - Twisted - The Other World (61.88%)
    Design - thorpedo - Crucifiction (61.25%)
    Silver - Prince - EverQuest: Reign of Terror (61.25%)
    Silver - Roberto Roboparks - Pinewood Grove Resort (60.63%)
    Silver - Elrocko - Citrus Beach California (60.63%)
    - - - - -
    Silver - rctfreak2000 - Exile (59.38%)
    Silver - Fanatic of RCT - Mountain Vista Amusement Park (59.38%)
    Silver - RCTU - Legendary Tales (59.38%)
    Silver - rctfreak2000 - Xanfia (59.38%)
    Silver - Micool - Legends of the Loch (59.38%)
    Silver - MightyMouse & yyo - Chapters of Amorphis (58.75%)
    Silver - spiderman - Action Zone (58.75%)
    Design - Ablaze - Immortal Monstrocity (57.50%)
    Silver - Prince - EverQuest: Lands of Shadow (57.50%)
    Design - Twisted - Head Hunter (56.25%)
    Design - RRP - Son of Beast (55.00%)
    Silver - Roberto Roboparks - Valleystorm Falls (55.00%)
    Design - ioaguy - Trail Blazer (55.00%)
    Silver - Micool - The Happy Place (54.38%)
    Design - Nessy:Ride of Steel - Volcanic Advent (53.75%)
    Silver - Ozone & Aviator - AO Convention (53.75%)
    - - - - -
    Design - Roomie - Swamp Fox (48.13%)
    - - - - -
    Design - iPark - Xcelerator (38.13%)

RCT2

Spotlight - sacoasterfreak - Rivers of Babylon (91.25%)
    Spotlight - Turtle - Isole Calabria (90.63%)
    - - - - -
    Design - geewhzz & disneylhand - El Encierro (88.75%)
    Spotlight - Kumba - Dimensions: Realms of Creation (87.50%)
    Spotlight - Cedarpoint6 - Watkins Woods Amusement Park (86.88%)
    Spotlight - JKay - Rocky Mountain Mystique (86.88%)
    Design - geewhzz - SALGA (85.63%)
    Gold - X250 - The Masterpiece (83.75%)
    Spotlight - artist - Islands of Enchantment (83.13%)
    Design - Titan - Arch Angel (83.13%)
    Spotlight - Highball - DisneySea (83.13%)
    Design - Cedarpoint6 - Firefly (82.69%)
    Spotlight - Meretrix - Disney's Tilted Acres (82.50%)
    Gold - Phatage - Six Flags Worlds of Excitement (81.25%)
    Design - John - Musette (80.63%)
    - - - - -
    Spotlight - J K - Spellbrook Shore (79.38%)
    Design - Phatage - Fright Nights (79.38%)
    Design - Cedarpoint6 - Mountaineer (78.75%)
    Spotlight - artist - Ports of Magia (78.75%)
    Design - geewhzz - Kindred (77.50%)
    Spotlight - Butterfinger - Euroscape (77.50%)
    Spotlight - Turtle - Bijou Magique (77.50%)
    Spotlight - Meretrix - Disney's Phantasia (77.50%)
    Gold - Metropole - Tussaud's Boscastle Heights (77.50%)
    Spotlight - JKay - Divinity Ridge (76.88%)
    Gold - Kumba - Bayfront Parc (76.88%)
    Gold - Highball - Disneyland Park (76.25%)
    Design - artist - Urchin (75.63%)
    Gold - artist - Busch Gardens Europe (76.25%)
    Design - X250 - Kurakku (76.25%)
    Spotlight - RCTNW - Marriott's Marine World (75.00%)
    Gold - Faceman - Paradise Island (74.38%)
    Design - Kevin - Helios (74.28)
    Design - sloB - Solaris (74.38%)
    Design - Fatha' - Batman Night Flyer (73.75%)
    Design - Marshy - Chamonix (73.75%)
    Design - Turtle - Silverstarr (73.65%)
    Design - Fr3ak - Charybdis (73.50%)
    Gold - zburns999 - Paramount's Xtreme (73.13%)
    Design - Turtle - Firebird (72.50%)
    Gold - Metropole - Soul Calibur (71.88%)
    Design - J K - Cape Congo (71.88%)
    Silver - Splash-0 - Port Azure (71.25%)
    Design - Faceman - El Fuego (71.25%)
    Design - sloB - Hawkeye (71.25%)
    Spotlight - aero21 - Aero's Wormwood (70.63%)
    Gold - Six Frags - Mystique (70.63%)
    Gold - aero21 - Walt's Disneyland Utopia (70.63%)
    Gold - Pawn - Emperor of the Forgotten Realms (70.00%)
    - - - - -
    Design - Cedarpoint6 - Blizzard (68.75%)
    Design - posix - Cannonball (68.75%)
    Silver - Cedarpoint6 - The Black Lagoon (68.75%)
    Spotlight - Corkscrewed - DisneySEA Spain (68.13%)
    Design - J K - Tolán (68.13%)
    Design - egg_head - Big Bear (68.13%)
    Silver - AustinPowers - Roman Epic (68.75%)
    Gold - Fantastico - Fantastic Wonders (68.50%)
    Design - FK+Coastermind - Karizima (68.13%)
    Design - Fisch - Mordred (67.78%)
    Silver - Kumba & Titan - Tiumba - The Lost Islands (67.50%)
    Silver - Ride6 - International Odyssey (67.50%)
    Design - Faceman - Dueling Dragons (67.50%)
    Gold - JKay - Universal Hawaii (66.88%)
    Design - J K - Siren (66.88%)
    Silver - CF - Cedar Creek (66.88%)
    Design - egg_head - Formula-1 (66.88%)
    Design - Splash-0 - The Beasts (66.88%)
    Gold - Junya Boy - Mysterious Islands: Lost at Sea (66.88%)
    Silver - JKay, Marshy & Ride6 - Madly Joyful Realms (66.25%)
    Design - Kumba - Genus Carcharodon (66.25%)
    Design - Jazz - Quest for the Forbidden Mountain (66.25%)
    Design - Steve - Avenger (66.11%)
    Design - Metropole - Lucifer's Angels (65.63%)
    Silver - CoasterForce - Portrait of Heaven (65.63%)
    Silver - aero21 - Warner Bros. Reel Adventures (65.00%)
    Design - Fisch - Buccaneer (65.00%)
    Design - Kumba & JKay - X-Men (65.00%)
    Gold - RCTNW & rwadams - The NASCAR Experience (65.00%)
    Silver - Kumba - Iron Wood Valley (64.50%)
    Design - RRP - Vesuvius Stampede (64.50%)
    Silver - Beejer - PARK 360 (64.38%)
    Gold - RCTMajesty - Majestic Paradise (64.38%)
    Design - zodiac - Silhouette (63.75%)
    Design - RCFanB&M - Beowulf (63.75%)
    Silver - Carl - Big Timber Creek Park (63.13%)
    Silver - JKay & Richie - Mystic Sands (63.13%)
    Design - Splash-0 - Over the Top (63.13%)
    Silver - Six Frags - Puysegur Point Themepark (62.50%)
    Design - JKay - Blue Thunder (62.50%)
    Gold - Mike Robbins & MickMaximus - Myths, Legends, and Folklore (62.50%)
    Silver - Junya Boy - Garden of Desires (62.00%)
    Design - disneylhand - The Hunchback of Notre Dame (61.88%)
    Gold - aero21 - Cinescape TV (61.25%)
    Silver - Beejer - Moonbase Amusement Park (61.25%)
    Silver - Ride6 - Waters of Civilization (60.91%)
    Silver - Ride6 - Sunburst Shores (60.50%)
    Silver - Kumba - Nirvana (60.50%)
    Silver - Ride6 & Splash-0 - Lake Rash Mount (60.00%)
    Design - Geoff - Lumeria (60.00%)
    Design - Loopy - Vermillion (60.00%)
    Silver - Ge-Ride - Igno Reme (60.00%)
    Silver - chapelz - Lake Windermere (60.00%)
    Silver - Peeee - Peeee Entertainment Studios (60.00%)
    Design - DelLagos - Yggdrasil (60.00%)
    - - - - -
    Silver - RCTNW & Kai - Klamath Lake Amusement Park (59.50%)
    Gold - Group Park - Archicon (58.75%)
    Silver - gymkid dude & Scarface - Paradise Falls (58.75%)
    Silver - Turtle - Tula City (58.50%)
    Silver - Titan - Six Flags Hoosier Station (58.50%)
    Silver - supertrooper - Big Top Circus Park (58.50%)
    Silver - Metropole - John Williams: Through The Ages (58.00%)
    Silver - sboarder - Cascades Amusement Park (58.00%)
    Silver - BChillerR - Destination: Xtreme (57.50%)
    Silver - JKay - ThrillZone Amusement Park (57.27%)
    Silver - AustinPowers - BABYLON (57.00%)
    Silver - Six Frags & sloB - Mount Frost Amusements (57.00%)
    Design - Corkscrewed - Coyote Runner (57.00%)
    Silver - RCTMasters - Acorn Springs (57.00%)
    Silver - The Judge - Mysterious Realms (57.00%)
    Silver - Twisted - Kimmeragh Glen (56.50%)
    Silver - JKay - Entertainment City: Las Vegas (56.50%)
    Design - DelLagos - Toxicity (56.25%)
    Design - Jacko Shanty - Toxygen (56.25%)
    Silver - JDP - Korsareian Valley (55.63%)
    Silver - Rct Flame - Tinted Shores (55.00%)
    Silver - Kumba - Dimensions (55.00%)
    Silver - Beejer - Greater America (55.00%)
    Design - Turtle - Merlinwood Express (55.00%)
    Silver - JDP - Superior Amusement Park (55.00%)
    Design - Roomie - Tribal Storm (54.00%)
    Silver - Junya Boy - Dez-Morais Amusements (52.50%)
    Silver - BChillerR - Two Shades of Pink (50.91%)
    - - - - -
    Silver - Roberto Roboparks - Pike Creek (43.00%)
    Silver - Mike Robbins - Magnolia Gardens (41.50%)

• Lotte%s's Photo

are all these scores new? because damn this is nice. also this means we get some new legendary parkmakers! congrats sacoasterfreak and turtle! if you guys are even still here to enjoy it :p (hope so!)

• Ling%s's Photo

Are you suggesting we vote them at what they would likely be today, or just try to vote them into a position to win whatever accolade they've already gotten?

• Liampie%s's Photo

Are you suggesting we vote them at what they would likely be today, or just try to vote them into a position to win whatever accolade they've already gotten?

Vote on them as if the panel was around when the park came out. Of course you shouldn't add 20% just because a park is old, but neither should you give low scores because something is underdetailed or has been done better since. Be reasonable. If you're on the panel, we trust you not to be an idiot. :) It's possible that the score won't correspond with the modern accolade requirements, but this doesn't affect the accolade type. For example, aero's Cinescape TV is still a gold despite a 61% score.
  • MCI%s's Photo

If you're on the panel, we trust you not to be an idiot. :)

That might be the crucial mistake :D

Trying to vote on as many as I can. Currently my LL is not working properly so I cant vote on them :(

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Trying to vote on as many as I can. Currently my LL is not working properly so I cant vote on them :(

Since we're on the subject of task forces I think we need a task force to raise awareness for the GOG path for LL. For like 3 bucks and a minimal time investment of like 30 minutes everyone can have LL. I never knew how easy it was to get it working but after doing it it's a real shame there are so many people without LL.

• Lotte%s's Photo

we trust you not to be an idiot.

is this why i'm not a panelist yet? :p

• Liampie%s's Photo

Don't rush it! There's no hurry. This project will take years. :)

is this why i'm not a panelist yet? :p

That, and because you're TOO eager, and because you don't know who Turtle and sacoasterfreak are.

• Ling%s's Photo

Oh my god gdb, if you don't know who Turtle is I'm going to break your face.

It's possible that the score won't correspond with the modern accolade requirements, but this doesn't affect the accolade type. For example, aero's Cinescape TV is still a gold despite a 61% score.

Okay, good call. I'll try to get through a bunch over the weekend.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Anyone else who knows who Turtle and sacoasterfreak are, and would like to help out, send a PM to me, Louis and inthemanual. Being a panelist on NE5 is different from being a panelist on NE4; you don't have to actively participate as much. If you vote only once per month, you're still most welcome! If you know who Turtle and sacoasterfreak are, of course. Don't hesitate, PM us!
  • Lotte%s's Photo

i know who turtle is, and sacoasterfreak, and all the other former parkmakers. i've been looking at the parks on here for 2 years now liam... i've looked through the datebase more than a few times

• Poke%s's Photo

I've been voting as I normally would for these which would explain my lower scores.. Whoops.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    70% for Watkins Woods, what the fuck Poke. You can't vote 70% on a park that groundbreaking.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    whaaat the fuck poke
    you seriously think wwap is only low-gold quality

question, liam. will silvers that get below 60 be changed to bronze, or vice versa. what about golds/spotlights?
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    i can't say shit thought because i only gave drc an 80...
  • Lotte%s's Photo

nope old accolades stay from what i can tell

• Poke%s's Photo

I guess I must've missed something as I thought it was sterile. :/ Well, i've been voting normally and if that park was released now, I would've gave it 70%.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading